Originate was founded in 2007. Headquartered in San Francisco, we have over 150 employees across our offices in New York, Los Angeles, Berlin, Las Vegas, and Newport Beach. We are the on-demand accelerator for companies across the world. Regardless of industry or location, companies looking to explore new ideas and new opportunities turn to Originate as their trusted and capable innovation partner.
Who are We?
Originate is a concept-to-launch software company. We partner with enterprises and mature startups to accelerate their time from ideation to market. Our goal is to help our people and our partners to realize their potential faster in an evolving, uncertain world. Whether it's enabling a business to lead in an existing market or to enter into a brand new one, we have the experience and we want to help.
At the heart of Originate is a deep appreciation for ideation and innovation. We are continuously curious and thrive on making impossibilities possible. Our practice consists of technology-agnostic experts specializing in rapid prototyping and agile methodology. We love bringing prototypes to the end user and using their feedback to iterate on the product.
Who Works at Originate?
Originators are talented, creative, and motivated self-learners. New and emerging technologies inspire us to create not only new products but new kinds of products. We thrive on collaboration and have teamed up with countless partners to resolve complex technology and business challenges across a diverse set of fields. Individually we are unique, collectively we are inventive, and in partnership we are unmatched.
Our Sales Team
Originate is seeking seasoned sales professionals with experience selling and delivering strategic/management consulting, digital agency services and/or custom software development solutions.
As the Director of Strategic Sales you will be responsible for finding, shaping, closing and facilitating the launch of business with new partners (clients). Strong candidates will be competent in seeking out opportunities within your established network, exceptional at managing executive relationships, comfortable with speaking about innovation and technology and capable of understanding and shaping partner engagements to deliver product innovation at speed.
As an early member of the team you will have the benefit of unlimited territory, access to our executives and the opportunity to join a growing team. We offer terrific earning potential and competitive benefits.
- Reaching out to your network and beyond to discover opportunities to address innovation challenges of new partners (clients)
- Collaborating with C-suite executives, engineering, product and design teams at potential partners and Originate to ideate and develop tangible innovation engagements
- Assisting in preparation of pre-sale, scoping, proposals and contracts for new partners
- Forecasting pipeline and potential revenues in a timely and accurate manner
- Increasing revenue and retention rates for specific key partner account(s)
- Participating with a wide range of companies (large and small) and across a range of industries in various marketing and PR and sales events to build community and connections and a pipeline of opportunities
Required Skills & Experience:
- 5-10 years of experience selling and delivering strategic/management consulting, digital agency services and/or custom software development solutions
- A strong track record discovering and closing new business leveraging a close network of high level professional contacts
- Sales, business development, sales engineering, and product management backgrounds preferred
- Experience with digital transformation in mid-to-large enterprises preferred
- Knowledge of/ exposure to agile methodology
- Ability to offer advice to partners and understand their organizational needs while simultaneously collaborating with Originate internal teams to recommend alternative solutions that may add value to the partner’s business
- Deep experience in a particular industry vertical is a big plus
- Undergraduate degree from an accredited university
- Graduate of a leading engineering or business school is a plus
- Passionate about finding and opening up new opportunities through your network, self-conducted research, general networking vs via internal lead generation
- Willingness to travel as needed
- Highly effective written and verbal communication skills
- Strong negotiation skills
- Ability to navigate both internal and external organizations and build support for engagements across many disciplines and levels
- Experience using a consultative sales approach
- Highest ethical standards
- Self-starter with entrepreneurial mindset and approach