Organic: Director, Marketing Science
The Director of Marketing Science leads data-driven insights and strategic thinking for Organic’s new and existing client engagements. This position plays a critical role within the accounts to identify, develop and measure audiences across connected ecosystems and experiences. Critical to this role is the ability to work with client services, creative, and experience strategy to solve client problems with data and tell compelling data-driven stories.
You are able to Identify, scope, propose and direct the appropriate application of marketing science services. You can design and recommend appropriate analytic methodology, including but not limited to Financial Modeling (customer value, profitability, and lifetime value modeling), Descriptive Analytics (Heuristic segmentation at strategic and tactical levels) and Predictive Analytics (Advanced statistical and econometric modeling techniques used to inform forecasting offer and sales effectiveness, promotional effectiveness, media optimization, pricing and churn elasticity, customer loyalty and satisfaction measures).
You have developed using data-reduction techniques (e.g. factor analysis), regression-based targeting models (linear, non-linear, logistic, multinomial etc.), survival analysis informed targeting models, hierarchical and non-hierarchical cluster analysis-based segmentation models, Markov Chain segment migration models, and AR, MA and ARIMA, Bayesian Structural Equation Time Series models. You have experience using Artificial Intelligence (using supervised, semi-supervised, reinforcement learning, and unsupervised AI & ML methodologies), Data-Driven Contact Strategy Development (Identifying the optimal sequencing, frequency, offer and channel mix, achieved by leveraging multivariate testing methodologies, (e.g. fractional factorial design, Latin Square design solutions), decision rule development), and Learning Agenda Development (identification and management of KPI’s aligned to strategic and tactical business objectives, insight generation and strategic recommendation).
You can make and present compelling data-driven arguments and stories. You codify best practices, package case studies, share methods and define new standards in collaboration with the network team. You are able to create modeling dataset with vendor overlay, develop predictive model and place model in production for marketing efforts. You are also able to communicate all aspects of project (design, findings and conclusions). You can write and deliver final presentations to 100% completion, as well as handle most communication with clients and vendors and develop proposals for existing clients and new prospects.
- Bachelor’s degree in a quantitative subject (Statistics, Mathematics, Operations Research, Economics, or Social Science, with heavy emphasis on quantitative methods required; Advanced Degree in quantitative subject is preferred
- 8-10 years of analytical experience, ideally marketing agency experience or management consulting practice.
- Critical thinker, problem solver and communicator that understands the art and science of modern marketing science
- Experience in statistical techniques such as: multivariate predictive modeling, multidimensional segmentation, factor analysis, lifetime value determinations, linear and logistic regression, CHAID analysis, latent class analysis, multinomial logistic regression, survival analysis, fractional factorial test design, cluster analysis, Markov Chains, econometric time series AR, MA and ARIMA modeling etc.
- Experience in SAS (required), Python (required), R (required), Hadoop (preferred), SQL (preferred) and MS Office (required)
- Strong knowledge of experimental / multivariate test design techniques
- Strong knowledge of 1st, 2nd and 3rd party data
- Extensive knowledge of direct marketing principles and best in class methodologies
- Strong management skills and a proven track record of talent development
Organic is a digital agency focused on designing resilient brands at the intersection of culture, commerce and behaviors.
- Est. 1994
- Part of Omnicom Precision Marketing Group
- Generous benefits and perks
- Offices in New York, San Francisco, Detroit