The Data Science team at OrderGroove is looking to hire a Data Engineer to join our growing lineup. As we expand our platform to include more data driven offerings, our data storage and access requirements are growing rapidly. The Data Science team is responsible for designing and building the components of this system and ensuring their integrity and performance.
Our team impacts the entire OrderGroove platform which powers the retail experience of some of world's largest brands. On this platform the data science team are creating the foundational infrastructure for a new collection of data and AI driven products to enable frictionless commerce. If you’re interested in a crucial role building scalable infrastructure for highly visible products, then this role might be for you.
What you will do:
- Design data platform components to backstop new products
- Build resilient and scalable solutions for both batch and real-time services
- Evaluate and test the tradeoffs between competing technologies and architectures
- Model and structure data storage according to product requirements
- Monitor and optimize performance of our platform
- Automate deployment of new infrastructure
Who you are:
- You write production level Python on a daily basis (R additionally a plus)
- You have hands-on experience with Google Cloud Platform
- You are skilled at writing and optimizing SQL (core application DBs use MySQL Google BigQuery)
- You ideally have experience with Apache Airflow
- You have built/administered distributed systems at scale (e.g. Hadoop, Spark, Cassandra etc.)
- You understand at least one Python-based web framework (Django, Flask etc)
- You preferably have some DevOps experience (especially with Chef and Kubernetes)
- You have 2+ years experience in a related role
We’re a close-knit team growing to 100 this year, have raised over $40M in venture capital and are passionate about transforming the business of commerce!
Recently named one of the 2019 Best Companies to Work For in New York, our collaborative culture drives independent thinking and ideas with a get-it-done attitude. We get up every morning to change how commerce is done in partnership with our clients, some of the top brands and retailers in the world. We demand the best of ourselves and each other and never miss an opportunity celebrate our team and our success. Company events include activities like wine tours, summer BBQs, and game nights where we can get together and have fun. We compete hard for the industry's best talent by offering employees one of the most flexible PTO policies you'll find, highly competitive compensation and stock option grants - And our New York HQ boasts a 6,000 square foot private terrace overlooking beautiful downtown Manhattan. By joining the Ordergroove team you'll be helping to transform the business of commerce and have fun while doing it! If you're ready for a high-impact role at a game-changing, fun company, we invite you to learn more and apply!
Ordergroove is committed to creating a welcoming and supportive environment for all people. We do not discriminate against anyone for any reason. We encourage people with different backgrounds and experiences to join our growing team.