The Data Platform team at Ordergroove is looking to hire a Senior Data Engineer. As we expand our product lineup, our data storage and access requirements are growing proportionally. The Data Platform team is responsible for designing and building the components of this system and ensuring their integrity and performance.
We’re a small team that impacts the entire Ordergroove platform and we’re inventing the foundational infrastructure for a new collection of products for frictionless commerce. If you’re interested in a crucial role building scalable infrastructure for novel products, then this role might be for you.
- Designing data platform components to backstop new products
- Building resilient and scalable solutions for both batch and real-time services
- Evaluating the tradeoffs between competing technologies and architectures
- Modeling and structuring data storage according to product requirements
- Monitoring and optimizing performance of our platform
- Automating deployment of new infrastructure
- Hands on experience with Google Cloud Platform
- SQL, especially optimizing queries (core application DBs use MySQL Google BigQuery)
- Experience with Apache Airflow preferred
- Building distributed systems at scale with e.g. Hadoop, Spark, Cassandra etc.
- Django, Flask etc; at least one web framework
- Any DevOps experience is a plus, especially Chef and Kubernetes
- 2+ years experience in a related role
We’re a close-knit team growing to 100 this year, have raised over $40M in venture capital and are passionate about transforming the business of commerce!
Recently named one of the 2019 Best Companies to Work For in New York, our collaborative culture drives independent thinking and ideas with a get-it-done attitude. We get up every morning to change how commerce is done in partnership with our clients, some of the top brands and retailers in the world. We demand the best of ourselves and each other and never miss an opportunity celebrate our team and our success. Company events include activities like wine tours, summer BBQs, and game nights where we can get together and have fun. We compete hard for the industry's best talent by offering employees one of the most flexible PTO policies you'll find, highly competitive compensation and stock option grants - And our New York HQ boasts a 6,000 square foot private terrace overlooking beautiful downtown Manhattan. By joining the Ordergroove team you'll be helping to transform the business of commerce and have fun while doing it! If you're ready for a high-impact role at a game-changing, fun company, we invite you to learn more and apply!
Ordergroove is committed to creating a welcoming and supportive environment for all people. We do not discriminate against anyone for any reason. We encourage people with different backgrounds and experiences to join our growing team.