Ordergroove is looking for a talented and passionate product leader to take ownership of and drive the capabilities of our Relationship Commerce platform. Our mission is to strengthen retailer <> consumer relationships by providing engaging and frictionless commerce experiences that drive consumer delight and thereby increased loyalty and revenue for retailers. This position will have an integral role in achieving that mission by defining the consumer and retailer problems and opportunities that need to be tackled.
As the PM Partnership Ecosystem, you will lead a team of product managers to drive ease and sophistication of integration of Ordergroove’s platform into the broader commerce ecosystem, e.g. eCommerce and POS platforms, which will e.g. include plug + play integrations (cartridges), but also development tools to enable system integrators to develop client specific solutions on top of our platform. You’ll also drive Net Promoter Score (NPS) of our partners, e.g. system integrators and eCommerce platforms. You will prioritize roadmap themes consistent with Ordergroove’s company and product vision and assist in maintaining that vision along with Ordergroove’s VP of Product, to whom you will report. You will lead your team to produce and update an exciting and aggressive product roadmap that will enhance product sophistication and simplicity. You will work with your team to ensure delivery against milestones using agile development practices, which you will also improve over time together w/ our in-house agile coach. You will set and manage against business metrics and directly lead or oversee high-profile cross-functional initiatives. You will grow your team over time, maintain high standards of skills, performance, and culture, and foster ongoing professional development of team members.
This is an ideal job for a senior product leader with 8+ years in product management including several years of hands-on experience and 3+ years specifically leading a high-performing team of product managers through all stages of product development. The right candidate should be motivated to work in a fast-paced, dynamic startup environment and bring a sense of passion, energy, and urgency to work every day.
Your Most Important Initiatives
- Own the product strategy for Ordergroove’s partnership ecosystem, and help your team translate that strategy into an actionable and achievable product roadmap.
- Prioritize the most important business- and user-facing problems to be solved.
- Set practical yet aggressive metrics and milestones for the product team, ensure plans and execution are aligned to achieve business outcomes, and report on outcomes post-launch.
- Verify proposed product solutions correctly balance between customer desires, long-term and short-term business goals, user experience, data and architecture stewardship, strategic value, and product scalability and extensibility.
- Understand the needs of Ordergroove customers and partners through direct interaction and through stakeholder meetings, develop a sense of the market and how it is evolving, and how it can further be shaped by the Ordergroove product suite.
- Ensure all product management work adheres to a high standard to keep UX design and engineering efficient and effective throughout every stage of the agile product development lifecycle. Recommend process updates as needed.
- Continuously improve the team through career development, hands-on coaching of product managers, retaining top talent, and recruiting the most talented product managers to join the team.
What you’ll bring
- Clear track record of increasing leadership and responsibility throughout your career, including several years of experience leading teams of product managers in a fast-paced startup environment.
- Experience having delivered and refined excellent software products, ideally B2B SaaS applications.
- Experience successfully utilizing agile product management processes both as an individual contributor and in a management/leadership role.
- Ability to see the big picture, identify the leverage points for customers and the business through product development.
- Ability to identify and describe problems and solutions in the abstract.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills, tailored for each of a wide variety of audiences.
- Ability to motivate a team to repeatedly achieve outsided results.
- Minimum education: Bachelor's degree required, top-tier university strongly preferred, MBA or Master’s degree in a technical field preferred.
- Minimum experience: Minimum 10 years work experience, 8+ years experience in a software product management with at least 3years managing a high-performing product management team.
We’re a close-knit team growing to 100 this year, have raised over $40M in venture capital and are passionate about transforming the business of commerce!
Recently named one of the 2019 Best Companies to Work For in New York, our collaborative culture drives independent thinking and ideas with a get-it-done attitude. We get up every morning to change how commerce is done in partnership with our clients, some of the top brands and retailers in the world. We demand the best of ourselves and each other and never miss an opportunity to celebrate our team and our success. Company events include activities like wine tours, summer BBQs, and game nights where we can get together and have fun. We compete hard for the industry's best talent by offering employees one of the most flexible PTO policies you'll find, highly competitive compensation and stock option grants - And our New York HQ boasts a 6,000 square feet private terrace overlooking beautiful downtown Manhattan. By joining the OrderGroove team you'll be helping to transform the business of commerce and have fun while doing it! If you're ready for a high-impact role at a game-changing, fun company, we invite you to learn more and apply!
Ordergroove is committed to creating a welcoming and supportive environment for all people. We do not discriminate against anyone for any reason. We encourage people with different backgrounds and experiences to join our growing team.