OrderGroove is looking for an extraordinarily talented, passionate and naturally curious individual to lead our data science team. The data science team reinvents how people shop by building machine learning based recommendations systems using mass amounts of rich data to predict user behavior.
Our team is composed of problem solvers who get excited about pushing the boundaries of what we can achieve, love learning and thrive in a fast-paced, collaborative environment.
- You will lead an awesome team of data scientists and data engineers
- You will define our data strategy, research and develop new ways that use our mass data to build long lasting relationships for some of the biggest brands in the world, impacting the lives of millions of users
- You will guide our datawarehouse roadmap that powers data both internally and externally
- Collaborate with a strong cross-functional leadership team
- 5 years of experience in a data science role helping companies innovate product forward using machine learning
- 2 years of experience leading data science and data engineering teams
- Strong knowledge of Machine Learning/Statistical Modeling & Analysis
- Innate curiosity to find and explore business problems using data
- Strong quantitative background, MA/MS in statistics, mathematics, computer science, economics, or another quantitative field is required
- Proven team player and a natural leader
- Passionate about leveraging the best of breed technology and eager to learn new skills
- Experience with common analysis tools SQL, R, and Python.
- Experience working with large data sets using tools such as Spark, BigQuery, Hadoop, etc.
- You have led agile/scrum team(s) before of different skill levels and know when to be a cheerleader, coach or a player
- Previous e-commerce experience
- Start-up and SaaS experience strongly preferred
For years OrderGroove has been the go-to subscriptions platform for the largest retail brands, including Walmart, P&G, PetSmart and GNC. And now, with a significant Series C investment under our belts, we are broadly expanding our mission from subscriptions to frictionless commerce. We believe the future of shopping is not shopping and that we, as the original platform for retail relationships, are uniquely positioned to deliver on that goal. Recently named one of the 2019 Best Companies to Work For in New York, we’re a close-knit team of 75, have raised over $40M in venture capital and are passionate about delivering unprecedented value to our clients and their customers via our leading subscription commerce technology platform coupled with subscription marketing expertise. You can learn more about the work the engineering team is doing on our blog!
OrderGroove is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and will consider all qualified applicants regardless of color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital or family status, disability, gender identity or expression, veteran status, actual or presumed belonging to an ethnic group, or any other legally protected status. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.