We are seeking a Strategic Value Consultant to join our Analytics team. This position currently reports into the COO and will be based in our New York office. This role will support the sales and client services organizations to substantiate the financial and operational benefits for retailers considering Ordergroove’s Relationship Commerce platform. This individual is responsible for developing and executing a business case framework and a delivery process that engages our prospects and customers in a collaborative calculation of total revenue opportunity, total cost of ownership (TCO) and return on investment (ROI). This person will collaborate closely with the Customer Data Analytics team to advise on how to maintain and augment industry benchmarks, and to identify additional measures of performance that showcase OrderGroove’s capabilities in support of Sales and Customer Success.
This is an excellent opportunity for a financially-oriented retail professional to join a high-growth organization focused on a rapidly-growing market space. The ideal candidate is someone who has high energy, experience to independently run this function, and is consultative in nature.
- Develop and maintain a business case framework and delivery process.
- Work with the Customer Data Analytics team to tune industry benchmarks, key performance indicators, and business value measures for retailers in particular affinity groups (i.e. size, geography, vertical).
- Support sales and client services remotely and in the field with executive meetings, workshops and one-on-one meetings to build, conduct and ultimately present the business case and other key analysis in a way that engenders collaboration with the internal customer teams.
- Construct executive-level presentations and present complex analytical findings in clear, concise and influential manner.
- Collaborate with Marketing to promote the business value that clients derive from Ordergroove’s cloud-based platform
We are looking for a highly experienced individual with an entrepreneurial spirit who will define and deliver a business case framework and delivery process that will scale easily across a growing number of customer opportunities with a growing delivery team. You must be an exceptional communicator, have a background in retail financial data analysis, and previous experience in a role that provided critical support to the Sales team.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business, Finance or other related field, MBA preferred
- 5+ years of retail and/or consulting experience
- Extremely proficient in financial modeling and analysis (predominantly utilizing excel)
- Strong research, quantitative and analytical skills
- Very strong written and presentation communication skills, delivered with professional presence
- Track record of success helping to sell solutions that transform a customer’s business
- Knowledge of retail cloud and in-store commerce systems
- An ability to engage directly with C-Level executives at Fortune 500 Retailers
- Excellent people and management skills to interact with colleagues, cross-functional teams, and retail executives.
- Sales-driven philosophy that enables field success and helps drive revenue
- Willing to travel 50%
We’re a close-knit team growing to 100 this year, have raised over $40M in venture capital and are passionate about transforming the business of commerce!
Recently named one of the 2019 Best Companies to Work For in New York, our collaborative culture drives independent thinking and ideas with a get-it-done attitude. We get up every morning to change how commerce is done in partnership with our clients, some of the top brands and retailers in the world. We demand the best of ourselves and each other and never miss an opportunity celebrate our team and our success. Company events include activities like wine tours, summer BBQs, and game nights where we can get together and have fun. We compete hard for the industry's best talent by offering employees one of the most flexible PTO policies you'll find, highly competitive compensation and stock option grants - And our New York HQ boasts a 6,000 sqft private terrace overlooking beautiful downtown Manhattan. By joining the OrderGroove team you'll be helping to transform the business of commerce and have fun while doing it! If you're ready for a high-impact role at a game-changing, fun company, we invite you to learn more and apply!
Ordergroove is committed to creating a welcoming and supportive environment for all people. We do not discriminate against anyone for any reason. We encourage people with different backgrounds and experiences to join our growing team.