Orchard is radically simplifying the way people buy and sell their homes. For the average American, the home purchase and sale process takes months, creates anxiety, and is filled with uncertainty and hassle. Orchard has reimagined the end-to-end experience of buying and selling, from innovative home search tools to find the perfect home to the ability to buy a new home before selling your current one. Orchard customers manage the entire experience through a personalized online dashboard, while also getting the support of best-in-class Orchard real estate agents.
Headquartered in New York City and with offices throughout Texas, Colorado, Georgia, North Carolina, and Virginia, Orchard has over 500 employees and growing. We've recently raised $100 million in Series D funding at a valuation over $1 billion and have financing from top-tier investors including Revolution, Firstmark, Accomplice, Navitas and Juxtapose. Our investors have also backed the likes of Pinterest, AirBnb, Shopify and Sweetgreen. Orchard is proud to be recognized as part of Glassdoor’s Best Places to Work.
About the Role
Orchard is looking for a Brokerage Operations Analyst to help us deliver a seamless customer experience to our home buyers and sellers while maximizing our internal efficiency. The right candidate is happy to take on any task no matter how small and knock it out of the park. This role requires exceptional attention to detail. To be effective in this role you need to be hyper-organized in each task that you do. You are equal parts process-follower and problem-solver in this role
This is a full-time role that will report into the Brokerage Operations Manager.
What You’ll Do Here
- Clearly communicate and collaborate with cross-department contacts in Customer Experience / Sales, Brokerage Operations team, and Title to actively manage progress and status for all of Orchard’s acquisitions and dispositions; proactively work with teams across Orchard to resolve issues to avoid closing delays. This requires attention to detail as well as urgency to get each one done quickly
- Be the person that handles whatever-comes-up to help us deliver an amazing home sale/buying experience for our customers
- Process a high volume of contracts and amendments during the life cycle of a transaction
- Proactively identify areas for operational improvements and implement new processes
- Ensure that every home we purchase has every required document signed and saved before closing
We’d Love to Hear From You if You Have:
- 1-2+ years professional experience in operations or process management preferred
- Bachelor's degree required
- Proficient with technology such as Microsoft Office and GoogleSuite.
- High motor, low ego; with the ability to take feedback and iterate quickly
- Scrappiness to accomplish big goals as part of a growing team
- Excels in ambiguity and ability to manage multiple priorities over a high volume of tasks
- Ability to successfully drive results with little oversight
- Excellent organizational skills with the ability to work autonomously
- Excellent communication skills (written and oral)
- Skilled in developing repeatable process
We're proud to be recognized by Glassdoor, Inc. Magazine, Fast Company and Forbes on their lists of best places to work. We also have a 4.8 Glassdoor rating! Orchard is building the first one-stop-shop in real estate and we’re bringing together the most innovative professionals across real estate, business, marketing, technology and design. We also have some pretty great perks:
- Equity participation
- Flexible PTO
- Up to 18 weeks of paid family leave
- Employee discount on Orchard’s services
We're continuing to work from home until it's safe for all employees to return to the office. Our offices are open for our team members who would like to come in on a voluntary basis and for team members who work in essential in-office roles. As part of our commitment to health and safety, all employees currently working in our office spaces are required to show proof of vaccination. We anticipate making an official return to the office on a hybrid basis in January of 2022 and are excited to see one another in person. Until then, your interviews will all happen virtually. If there is anything we can do to make your process easier, don't hesitate to let us know!
Orchard is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We provide employment opportunities without regard to age, race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, disability, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, veteran status, or any other protected status in accordance with applicable law.