Orchard is radically simplifying the way people buy and sell their homes. For the average American, the home purchase and sale process takes months, creates anxiety, and is filled with uncertainty and hassle. Orchard has reimagined the end-to-end experience of buying and selling, from innovative home search tools to find the perfect home to the ability to buy a new home before selling your current one. Orchard customers manage the entire experience through a personalized online dashboard, while also getting the support of best-in-class Orchard real estate agents.
Headquartered in New York City and with offices throughout Texas, Colorado, Georgia, North Carolina, and Virginia, Orchard has over 500 employees and growing. We've recently raised $100 million in Series D funding at a valuation over $1 billion and have financing from top-tier investors including Revolution, Firstmark, Accomplice, Navitas and Juxtapose. Our investors have also backed the likes of Pinterest, AirBnb, Shopify and Sweetgreen. Orchard is proud to be recognized as part of Glassdoor’s Best Places to Work.
About the Role
Orchard is looking for a Director of Customer Service to grow and manage our customer service organization. You will work closely with Orchard’s customers and internal teams including Operations, Sales, Brokerage, Real Estate, as well as other external partners to deliver a seamless home buying and selling experience. The ideal candidate has built and scaled Customer Service teams across multiple locations and has experience at a fast-growing company bringing outstanding service to internal stakeholders and external customers.
This is a full time role that will report into the Head of Real Estate Operations and be based out of one of our growing offices, with a preference for Austin.
What You’ll Do Here:
- Create and lead a customer service team covering outbound support, inbound support, vendor coordination, and back office coordination
- Recruit, interview, hire, and train managerial staff across the Customer Service team
- Oversee and manage the daily workflow of the Customer Service team, including resolution of customer-facing issues and escalations where necessary
- Build out and monitor KPI, metrics, and SLAs across the team
- Provide top level thought partnership and support to internal and external stakeholders through well-defined processes and excellent customer service
- Draft, implement, and execute policies and procedures to facilitate a world-class customer service experience for Orchard’s customers
- Develop and implement training, coaching, and quality assurance programs for new hires and experienced employees throughout the Customer Service team
- Work closely to with Head of Real Estate Operations to build out and scale the team
We’d Love to Hear From You if You Have:
- 10+ years experience in a customer service organization; 5+ years managing a team of ~50-100+ geographically dispersed employees
- Familiarity with working in an organization that uses (and builds) technology to enable operational processes that drive customer outcomes
- Strong people management skills to build, develop, manage, and drive a team’s performance through coaching and motivation
- Results-orientation with a history of getting things done in complex, fast moving environments
- Strong problem solving skills and commercial judgment
- Salesforce experience strongly preferred
We're proud to be recognized by Glassdoor, Inc. Magazine, Fast Company and Forbes on their lists of best places to work. We also have a 4.8 Glassdoor rating! Orchard is building the first one-stop-shop in real estate and we’re bringing together the most innovative professionals across real estate, business, marketing, technology and design. We also have some pretty great perks:
- Equity participation
- Flexible PTO
- Up to 18 weeks of paid family leave
- Employee discount on Orchard’s services
We're continuing to work from home until it's safe for all employees to return to the office. Our offices are open for our team members who would like to come in on a voluntary basis and for team members who work in essential in-office roles. As part of our commitment to health and safety, all employees currently working in our office spaces are required to show proof of vaccination. We anticipate making an official return to the office on a hybrid basis in January of 2022 and are excited to see one another in person. Until then, your interviews will all happen virtually. If there is anything we can do to make your process easier, don't hesitate to let us know!
Orchard is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We provide employment opportunities without regard to age, race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, disability, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, veteran status, or any other protected status in accordance with applicable law.