Orchard is radically simplifying the way people buy and sell their homes. For the average American, the home purchase and sale process takes months, creates anxiety, and is filled with uncertainty and hassle. Orchard has reimagined the end-to-end experience of buying and selling, from innovative home search tools to find the perfect home to the ability to buy a new home before selling your current one. Orchard customers manage the entire experience through a personalized online dashboard, while also getting the support of best-in-class Orchard real estate agents.
Headquartered in New York City and with offices throughout Texas, Colorado, Georgia, North Carolina, and Virginia, Orchard has over 500 employees and growing. We've recently raised $100 million in Series D funding at a valuation over $1 billion and have financing from top-tier investors including Revolution, Firstmark, Accomplice, Navitas and Juxtapose. Our investors have also backed the likes of Pinterest, AirBnb, Shopify and Sweetgreen. Orchard is proud to be recognized as part of Glassdoor’s Best Places to Work.
Role and Responsibilities
Orchard is looking for a Listing Operations Manager to be responsible for developing and optimizing our home listing processes, tracking and reporting on KPIs, and managing the resources that the team relies on for daily operations. You will be focused on supporting and enabling Orchard’s Listing Agents and Coordinators for success as the company rapidly scales. We’re looking for someone with experience in complex fast paced environments who’s ready to roll up their sleeves and make an immediate impact. This role will report to the Senior Manager, Business Operations and be based in our Austin, TX office
What You’ll Do
- Partner with Listing Operations leadership to help identify key areas for process improvement that will drive greater customer experience and improve operational efficiency
- Develop and maintain standard operating procedures and training materials to equip the team for success in a constantly evolving environment
- Oversee the team’s learning management system
- Build out reporting capabilities to track business volume, operational load and performance SLAs
- Analyze qualitative and quantitative customer and internal feedback to drive improvements
- Assist in the design and administration of compensation plans
- Consolidate and communicate critical product, process and document releases to the sales organization
- Lead change management for new products and initiatives
- Ensure consistency across all procedures with a passion for quality control
- Successful in scrappy and entrepreneurial environments, with a drive to get things done
- Able to take on ambiguous challenges and arrive at concise conclusions
- Systems-thinker with process-oriented mindset
- Strong verbal and written communication skills with an eagerness to collaborate
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to gain alignment across people at various levels and functions
- Results orientation with a strong work ethic. Must be tenacious, with the emotional intelligence to know when to push harder and when to look for alternative approaches
- Quick to build strong, collaborative working relationships with your colleagues
- Strong multi-tasker with the ability to prioritize work based on business and operational needs
3-4+ years of experience in operations, management consulting, project management, or similar fields. Experience working in real estate and/or early-stage/tech company is a plus. Bachelor’s degree in a related field
We're proud to be recognized by Glassdoor, Inc. Magazine, Fast Company and Forbes on their lists of best places to work. We also have a 4.8 Glassdoor rating! Orchard is building the first one-stop-shop in real estate and we’re bringing together the most innovative professionals across real estate, business, marketing, technology and design. We also have some pretty great perks:
- Equity participation
- Flexible PTO
- Up to 18 weeks of paid family leave
- Employee discount on Orchard’s services
We're continuing to work from home until it's safe for all employees to return to the office. Our offices are open for our team members who would like to come in on a voluntary basis and for team members who work in essential in-office roles. As part of our commitment to health and safety, all employees currently working in our office spaces are required to show proof of vaccination. We anticipate making an official return to the office on a hybrid basis in January of 2022 and are excited to see one another in person. Until then, your interviews will all happen virtually. If there is anything we can do to make your process easier, don't hesitate to let us know!
Orchard is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We provide employment opportunities without regard to age, race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, disability, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, veteran status, or any other protected status in accordance with applicable law.