Orchard is radically simplifying the way people buy and sell their homes. For the average American, the home purchase and sale process takes months, creates anxiety, and is filled with uncertainty and hassle. Orchard has reimagined the end-to-end experience of buying and selling, from innovative home search tools to find the perfect home to the ability to buy a new home before selling your current one. Orchard customers manage the entire experience through a personalized online dashboard, while also getting the support of best-in-class Orchard real estate agents.
Headquartered in New York City and with offices throughout Texas, Colorado, Georgia, North Carolina, and Virginia, Orchard has over 500 employees and growing. We've recently raised $100 million in Series D funding at a valuation over $1 billion and have financing from top-tier investors including Revolution, Firstmark, Accomplice, Navitas and Juxtapose. Our investors have also backed the likes of Pinterest, AirBnb, Shopify and Sweetgreen. Orchard is proud to be recognized as part of Glassdoor’s Best Places to Work.
Role and Responsibilities:
The Renovation Lead will be a critical member of the Orchard team, located in Dallas-Fort Worth, and reporting to the DFW General Manager. In this role you will:
- Manage a team of field-based personnel through Orchards renovation and asset management processes, to ensure adherence to quality and customer satisfaction standards.
- Oversee the customer experience throughout the renovations process and promote high levels of customer satisfaction by ensuring the accurate, timely, and quality completion of renovation projects.
- Review and approve repair and renovation scopes to ensure adherence to quality and pricing standards.
- Analyze renovation project speed, cost, and quality performance to identify opportunities and implement corrective action where necessary.
- Oversee and manage quality and control of the vendor/contractor base to execute scopes of work.
- Own market level construction cycle times, budgets and quality of renovation work.
- Develop a deep & diverse contractor and vendor base to manage all renovation jobs.
- Own primary asset level responsibility on creating renovation scopes of work, coordinating and overseeing all renovation projects and fulfillment through a wide variety of trade vendors and contractors for Orchard targeted assets.
- Assist in developing construction Standards and Practices for scalability needs as we grow.
- At least 5+ years of experience in general construction project management
- At least 2+ years supervisory experience
- Experience in single family construction or renovations with solid understanding of construction methods and material costs and labor costs for line item completion of projects.
- Demonstrated track record of success in managing contractors and vendors
- A general understanding of traditional real estate contracts, transaction flows, and market ready concepts.
- Acute awareness of possible deficiencies at the asset level that may lead to unforeseen variances to model expectations with regards to structural or component problems.
- Experience with scope and budget preparation for capital expenditure allocations on asset pursuits
- Experience in managing a diverse base of contractors/vendors, and 3rd parties to meet deadlines and expectations.
- A proven track record of success in goal achievement and P&L responsibility
- Strong computer skills: Microsoft Office suite, mobile applications, MLS
- Able to adapt to changes in business model and requirements
- Above average communicator, upward and downward
- Detail oriented in a fast-paced environment
- A strong multi-tasker with the ability to prioritize work based on business and operational needs
- People describe you as:
- A natural leader
- A strong communicator
- Gets stuff done
- Detail oriented
We're proud to be recognized by Glassdoor, Inc. Magazine, Fast Company and Forbes on their lists of best places to work. We also have a 4.8 Glassdoor rating! Orchard is building the first one-stop-shop in real estate and we’re bringing together the most innovative professionals across real estate, business, marketing, technology and design. We also have some pretty great perks:
- Equity participation
- Flexible PTO
- Up to 18 weeks of paid family leave
- Employee discount on Orchard’s services
We're continuing to work from home until it's safe for all employees to return to the office. Our offices are open for our team members who would like to come in on a voluntary basis and for team members who work in essential in-office roles. As part of our commitment to health and safety, all employees currently working in our office spaces are required to show proof of vaccination. We anticipate making an official return to the office on a hybrid basis in January of 2022 and are excited to see one another in person. Until then, your interviews will all happen virtually. If there is anything we can do to make your process easier, don't hesitate to let us know!
Orchard is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We provide employment opportunities without regard to age, race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, disability, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, veteran status, or any other protected status in accordance with applicable law.