Orchard is radically simplifying the way people buy and sell their homes. For the average American, the home purchase and sale process takes months, creates anxiety, and is filled with uncertainty and hassle. Orchard has reimagined the end-to-end experience of buying and selling, from innovative home search tools to find the perfect home to the ability to buy a new home before selling your current one. Orchard customers manage the entire experience through a personalized online dashboard, while also getting the support of best-in-class Orchard real estate agents.
Headquartered in New York City and with offices throughout Texas, Colorado, Georgia, North Carolina, and Virginia, Orchard has over 500 employees and growing. We've recently raised $100 million in Series D funding at a valuation over $1 billion and have financing from top-tier investors including Revolution, Firstmark, Accomplice, Navitas and Juxtapose. Our investors have also backed the likes of Pinterest, AirBnb, Shopify and Sweetgreen. Orchard is proud to be recognized as part of Glassdoor’s Best Places to Work.
About the Role
Orchard is seeking a Product Designer to help us create the most stress-free way to buy and sell a home. Your work will empower customers to gain control and visibility into their transaction and create the most seamless customer experience in the industry. You will own the design process end-to-end, identifying opportunities through user research and translating insights into simple and usable experiences to delight our customers. The ideal candidate has hands-on experience working on fast-paced, collaborative teams and a passion for solving complex consumer problems from ideation to execution.
This is a full-time role that will report into the Head of Design and be based out of our growing New York office.
What You’ll Do Here
- Play a significant role in the design of new product experiences that help customers understand the value of Orchard, seamlessly stitch together the complex transaction process, and increase discovery and adoption of new features and services.
- Collaborate with Product Managers and Engineers to define and communicate the overarching narrative around the problem you’re solving and approach.
- Work on a variety of project types: from net new product experiences to iterating and optimizing features to maximize impact. You will contribute to the design process from beginning to end, taking it from user research insights and translating those into simple and usable experiences that delight users.
- Participate in strategy and planning to help the team articulate the long, medium and short term opportunities on your squad
- Share work early and often and seeking out constructive feedback from peers, product team, and stakeholders
- Play a key role in shaping the future of Orchard
We’d Love to Hear From You if You Have:
- 2-4 years experience in end-to-end digital product design, ideally working on consumer facing products
- Demonstrated track record of success in building products based on research that drive meaningful impact
- Deep empathy for the customer that drives design and product decisions
- Strong systems thinking, information architecture, and interaction design skills
- The ability to clearly communicate and document your design decisions
- Eagerness to learn, a track record for being self-driven
- A bias to action and are able to work creatively to unblock yourself, balancing quality and time to drive impact
We're proud to be recognized by Glassdoor, Inc. Magazine, Fast Company and Forbes on their lists of best places to work. We also have a 4.8 Glassdoor rating! Orchard is building the first one-stop-shop in real estate and we’re bringing together the most innovative professionals across real estate, business, marketing, technology and design. We also have some pretty great perks:
- Equity participation
- Flexible PTO
- Up to 18 weeks of paid family leave
- Employee discount on Orchard’s services
We're continuing to work from home until it's safe for all employees to return to the office. Our offices are open for our team members who would like to come in on a voluntary basis and for team members who work in essential in-office roles. As part of our commitment to health and safety, all employees currently working in our office spaces are required to show proof of vaccination. We anticipate making an official return to the office on a hybrid basis in January of 2022 and are excited to see one another in person. Until then, your interviews will all happen virtually. If there is anything we can do to make your process easier, don't hesitate to let us know!
Orchard is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We provide employment opportunities without regard to age, race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, disability, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, veteran status, or any other protected status in accordance with applicable law.