Orchard is radically simplifying the way people buy and sell their homes. For the average American, the home purchase and sale process takes months, creates anxiety, and is filled with uncertainty and hassle. Orchard has reimagined the end-to-end experience of buying and selling, from innovative home search tools to find the perfect home to the ability to buy a new home before selling your current one. Orchard customers manage the entire experience through a personalized online dashboard, while also getting the support of best-in-class Orchard real estate agents.
Headquartered in New York City and with offices throughout Texas, Colorado, Georgia, North Carolina, and Virginia, Orchard has over 500 employees and growing. We've recently raised $100 million in Series D funding at a valuation over $1 billion and have financing from top-tier investors including Revolution, Firstmark, Accomplice, Navitas and Juxtapose. Our investors have also backed the likes of Pinterest, AirBnb, Shopify and Sweetgreen. Orchard is proud to be recognized as part of Glassdoor’s Best Places to Work.
About the role
Orchard is looking for a Branch Manager to manage a group of high performing Loan Officers to achieve production volume, conversion, and customer satisfaction targets. The ideal candidate has experience originating and managing in a high volume environment, and will have a track record of exceeding quota. In this role, you will work closely with senior leaders across the business to help scale the Home Loans division while delivering an exceptional experience for Orchard customers. You must be able to quickly develop a deep understanding of OHL’s foundational processes and procedures, and work independently with limited oversight from the Sales Manager.
What you’ll do:
- Mentor and assist Loan Officers to achieve production goals
- Act as a point of escalation for LOs that have issues with files or systems, with the ability to independently find and implement a solution
- Run all pipeline calls and be accountable for team KPIs, especially volume goals, on time closes and customer satisfaction
- Become an expert on third party lender portals and processes; train new employees to use internal and third party systems
- Spearhead and collect ideas from your team to continually improve Salesforce and other internal systems
- Champion OHL changes to process/procedures; build buy-in with your team and ensure new initiatives are integrated smoothly
- Own Salesforce data integrity for your team’s files
- Act as a player coach, originating ~5 loans per month but more as market/team capacity dictates
- Attend meetings as a stand in for Sales Manager, as required; be an ambassador for OHL within the Orchard organization
- Assist Sales Manager in building and maintaining relationships with wholesale lender partners
The right candidate
- 5+ years originating residential purchase mortgages
- Experience managing either Loan Production or Processing teams
- Working knowledge of FHA, VA, Conventional and Jumbo credit guidelines
- Firm understanding of the loan origination process from initial loan application to processing, underwriting and closing
- NMLS licensed (multiple states preferred)
- Compliance first mindset (proficient in all TRID rules and requirements)
- Problem-solver with a desire to improve the industry
- Structured thinker who obsesses over process adherence and goal attainment
We're proud to be recognized by Glassdoor, Inc. Magazine, Fast Company and Forbes on their lists of best places to work. We also have a 4.8 Glassdoor rating! Orchard is building the first one-stop-shop in real estate and we’re bringing together the most innovative professionals across real estate, business, marketing, technology and design. We also have some pretty great perks:
- Equity participation
- Flexible PTO
- Up to 18 weeks of paid family leave
- Employee discount on Orchard’s services
We're continuing to work from home until it's safe for all employees to return to the office. Our offices are open for our team members who would like to come in on a voluntary basis and for team members who work in essential in-office roles. As part of our commitment to health and safety, all employees currently working in our office spaces are required to show proof of vaccination. We anticipate making an official return to the office on a hybrid basis in January of 2022 and are excited to see one another in person. Until then, your interviews will all happen virtually. If there is anything we can do to make your process easier, don't hesitate to let us know!
Orchard is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We provide employment opportunities without regard to age, race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, disability, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, veteran status, or any other protected status in accordance with applicable law.