Orchard is radically simplifying the way people buy and sell their homes. For the average American, the home purchase and sale process takes months, creates anxiety, and is filled with uncertainty and hassle. Orchard has reimagined the end-to-end experience of buying and selling, from innovative home search tools to find the perfect home to the ability to buy a new home before selling your current one. Orchard customers manage the entire experience through a personalized online dashboard, while also getting the support of best-in-class Orchard real estate agents.
Headquartered in New York City and with offices throughout Texas, Colorado, Georgia, North Carolina, and Virginia, Orchard has over 400 employees and growing. We have raised over $130 million in equity financing from top-tier investors including Revolution, Firstmark, Accomplice, Navitas and Juxtapose. Our investors have also backed the likes of Pinterest, AirBnb, Shopify and Sweetgreen. Orchard is proud to be recognized as part of Glassdoor’s Best Places to Work.
About the Role
Orchard is looking for a Closing Operations Coordinator to ensure consistent and timely closings processed by Orchard Title. This is a full-time role that will report into the Manager, Business Operations and be based out of our growing Plano, TX office.
What You’ll Do Here
- Drive time-sensitive, detail-oriented tasks from file open through post-closing
- Receive and process a high volume of contracts, amendments and closing documents during the life cycle of a transaction
- Order Tax Certs, Title Commitments, HOAs, and other documentation needed to ensure the on time closing of all Orchard Title transactions
- Proactively identify areas for operational improvements and implement new processes
- Clearly communicate and collaborate with cross-department contacts in Customer Experience / Sales, Contract Operations, and Funding to stay aligned on progress and status of active transactions; proactively work with teams across Orchard to resolve issues in the Title process to avoid delays
- Administrative duties, to include copying, scanning, filing, sending document packages, making/answering phone calls and sending/receiving emails
We’d Love to Hear From You if You Have:
- 1 - 2 years of experience in a similar field (administrative/title/escrow/real estate/property management)
- Proficient with technology such as Microsoft Office and GoogleSuite.
- Quick learner with technologies and speciality software
- Scrappiness to accomplish big goals as part of a growing team
- Be the person who tackles whatever-comes-up to help us deliver an amazing home selling/buying experience for our customers
- Ability to manage competing timelines and a high volume of tasks
- Low ego, with the ability to take feedback and iterate quickly
- Excellent organizational skills and communication skills (written and oral)
We're proud to be recognized by Glassdoor, Inc. Magazine, Fast Company and Forbes on their lists of best places to work. We also have a 4.8 Glassdoor rating! Orchard is building the first one-stop-shop in real estate and we’re bringing together the most innovative professionals across real estate, business, marketing, technology and design. We also have some pretty great perks:
- Equity participation
- Flexible PTO
- Up to 18 weeks of paid family leave
- Employee discount on Orchard’s services
We're currently working from home until it's safe for employees to return to the office. We anticipate returning later this year and are excited to welcome people back to our offices and see one another in person. Until then, your interviews will all happen virtually. If there is anything we can do to make your process easier, don't hesitate to let us know!
Orchard is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We provide employment opportunities without regard to age, race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, disability, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, veteran status, or any other protected status in accordance with applicable law.