Orchard is radically simplifying the way people buy and sell their homes. For the average American, the home purchase and sale process takes months, creates anxiety, and is filled with uncertainty and hassle. Orchard has reimagined the end-to-end experience of buying and selling, from innovative home search tools to find the perfect home to the ability to buy a new home before selling your current one. Orchard customers manage the entire experience through a personalized online dashboard, while also getting the support of best-in-class Orchard real estate agents.
Headquartered in New York City and with offices throughout Texas, Colorado, Georgia, North Carolina, and Virginia, Orchard has over 400 employees and growing. We have raised over $130 million in equity financing from top-tier investors including Revolution, Firstmark, Accomplice, Navitas and Juxtapose. Our investors have also backed the likes of Pinterest, AirBnb, Shopify and Sweetgreen. Orchard is proud to be recognized as part of Glassdoor’s Best Places to Work.
About the Role
Orchard is looking for a Director of FP&A to drive the Company’s core financial forecasting and reporting function. You will work closely with senior executives and department heads across the organization to develop and track bottom-up financial plans and core KPIs in order to provide key insights to stakeholders informing Company strategy. The ideal candidate has an extensive track record creating and maintaining the highest caliber analyses in a fast-paced environment with the ability to both operate independently and manage a team of financial professionals.
This role will report into the Head of Finance & Business Operations and can be based out of our New York City office.
What You’ll Do Here
- Work with the CFO and Head of Finance to define and implement best practices for financial management and reporting across the Company
- Lead the team that develops, maintains and automates financial forecasts and reporting, including weekly, monthly and quarterly packages for key internal and external stakeholders
- Partner closely with our internal Accounting team on the monthly close process, financial reporting, and preparation of GAAP financial statements
- Provide timely and relevant financial insights to department heads across the organization in order to augment high-level business decision making
- Drive semi-annual budgeting process and long-term strategic planning from a financial perspective
We’d Love to Hear From You if You Have:
- At least 8+ years professional experience with 6+ years in an FP&A function
- Mastery of corporate finance concepts and accounting principles
- Experience developing rigorously accurate financial models and reporting packages with relentless attention to detail, preferably at a high-growth company. Public company experience is a plus
- Exceptional communication skills (both written and verbal) allowing you to build collaborative relationships across organizations, from the analyst to the executive level
- Advanced Excel and PowerPoint skills. Experience with Google Workspace, Netsuite, and Looker is a plus
We're proud to be recognized by Glassdoor, Inc. Magazine, Fast Company and Forbes on their lists of best places to work. We also have a 4.8 Glassdoor rating! Orchard is building the first one-stop-shop in real estate and we’re bringing together the most innovative professionals across real estate, business, marketing, technology and design. We also have some pretty great perks:
- Equity participation
- Flexible PTO
- Up to 18 weeks of paid family leave
- Employee discount on Orchard’s services
We're currently working from home until it's safe for employees to return to the office. We anticipate returning later this year and are excited to welcome people back to our offices and see one another in person. Until then, your interviews will all happen virtually. If there is anything we can do to make your process easier, don't hesitate to let us know!
Orchard is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We provide employment opportunities without regard to age, race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, disability, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, veteran status, or any other protected status in accordance with applicable law.