Orchard is radically simplifying the way people buy and sell their homes. For the average American, the home purchase and sale process takes months, creates anxiety, and is filled with uncertainty and hassle. Orchard has reimagined the end-to-end experience of buying and selling, from innovative home search tools to find the perfect home to the ability to buy a new home before selling your current one. Orchard customers manage the entire experience through a personalized online dashboard, while also getting the support of best-in-class Orchard real estate agents.
Headquartered in New York City and with offices throughout Texas, Colorado, Georgia, North Carolina, and Virginia, Orchard has over 400 employees and growing. We have raised over $130 million in equity financing from top-tier investors including Revolution, Firstmark, Accomplice, Navitas and Juxtapose. Our investors have also backed the likes of Pinterest, AirBnb, Shopify and Sweetgreen. Orchard is proud to be recognized as part of Glassdoor’s Best Places to Work.
About the Role
Orchard is looking for an experienced and collaborative HRIS Manager to manage Orchard’s HR data and systems. As part of our dynamic People team, you will work closely with internal and external stakeholders to design, implement, and manage a new HRIS (Workday) to meet the needs of Orchard’s growing business and employee base. The ideal candidate has implemented Workday at a fast-growing organization and is passionate about using HR data and systems to enable business objectives and provide an outstanding employee experience. This is a full time role that will report into the Director of People Operations and be based out of our growing New York or Austin office.
What You’ll Do Here
- Manage all of Orchard’s HR data and serve as administrator for current and new HR systems including HRIS, benefits platform, and performance management platform.
- Partner with internal teams, including HR, IT, and Finance, as well as third-party vendors and consultants to implement Workday
- Collaborate with business leaders to determine reporting needs and deliver data-driven insights to inform decision-making
- Manage employee-facing communications, training, and change management related to the HRIS, serving as the employee point of contact and internal “champion” for the system
- Define and manage system security standards, ensuring appropriate and proper levels of access for all users
- Ensure Orchard is fully leveraging its HRIS to meet business and talent needs by continuously identifying and implementing improvements in business processes, integrations, and user experience
We’d Love to Hear From You if You Have:
- 5+ years of experience in HR data, ideally with some experience at a fast-growing startup
- Advanced knowledge implementing and managing Workday, with particular focus on Core HCM modules and configuring business processes and integrations
- Strong project management and organizational skills, with outstanding attention to detail and comfort prioritizing and problem-solving in a rapidly changing, fast-moving environment
- Excellent communication skills and experience driving cross-functional collaboration and managing relationships with internal and external stakeholders at all levels
- Strong technical skills, including Microsoft Office and Google Suite, with flexibility across multiple data sources and systems
- Demonstrated experience utilizing people analytics and data for workforce planning and organizational development
- Demonstrated experience handling sensitive information with the utmost integrity and confidentiality
We're proud to be recognized by Glassdoor, Inc. Magazine, Fast Company and Forbes on their lists of best places to work. We also have a 4.9 Glassdoor rating! Orchard is building the first one-stop-shop in real estate and we’re bringing together the most innovative professionals across real estate, business, marketing, technology and design. We also have some pretty great perks:
- Equity participation
- Flexible PTO
- Up to 18 weeks of paid family leave
- Employee discount on Orchard’s services
We're currently working from home until it's safe for employees to return to the office. We anticipate returning later this year and are excited to welcome people back to our offices and see one another in person. Until then, your interviews will all happen virtually. If there is anything we can do to make your process easier, don't hesitate to let us know!
Orchard is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We provide employment opportunities without regard to age, race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, disability, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, veteran status, or any other protected status in accordance with applicable law.