Orchard is radically simplifying the way people buy and sell their homes. For the average American, the home purchase and sale process takes months, creates anxiety, and is filled with uncertainty and hassle. Orchard has reimagined the end-to-end experience of buying and selling, from innovative home search tools to find the perfect home to the ability to buy a new home before selling your current one. Orchard customers manage the entire experience through a personalized online dashboard, while also getting the support of best-in-class Orchard real estate agents.
Headquartered in New York City and with offices throughout Texas, Colorado, Georgia, North Carolina, and Virginia, Orchard has over 400 employees and growing. We have raised over $130 million in equity financing from top-tier investors including Revolution, Firstmark, Accomplice, Navitas and Juxtapose. Our investors have also backed the likes of Pinterest, AirBnb, Shopify and Sweetgreen. Orchard is proud to be recognized as part of Glassdoor’s Best Places to Work.
About the Role
Orchard is looking for a Director of Listing Operations who will lead our listing operations team across multiple markets. This team is responsible for working with customers to list their homes, as well as listing homes on behalf of Orchard. The ideal candidate is an experienced people manager and operational leader who is practiced at building and retaining top talent on a quickly growing, geographically diverse team. You are comfortable in ambiguity and willing to roll up your sleeves on any task big or small in order for us to help deliver an incredible home selling experience for our customers. This is a full time role reporting into the GM of Title & Listings and will be based out of our Austin or Atlanta office.
What You’ll Do Here
- Enhance the customer experience by rapidly growing and refining the already 25+ person Listing Operations team
- Continuously review the tooling, process, and policies behind all Listing Operations Team’s responsibilities to uncover opportunities to drive efficiency, conversion, and customer satisfaction
- Work through ambiguity and facilitate cross-team decision-making & projects to impact Orchard's more complex and/or difficult business goals
- Proactively identify areas for operational improvements and work with appropriate stakeholders across the broader business to implement new processes
- Oversee day-to-day work activities of the Listing Operations team which is responsible for listing and selling homes for both customers as well as Orchard
- Develop KPIs and associated reporting to effectively measure team performance, and hold the team accountable for performance
- Become a subject matter expert on existing team processes that drive critical business results
We’d Love to Hear From You if You Have
- 5+ years of management experience; experience scaling teams of 20+ people
- 7-10+ years of experience in customer experience, customer success, operations, program management, or similar fields. Preference for experience working at a tech company.
- Real Estate experience a plus but not required
- Ability to take on ambiguous challenges and arrive at concise conclusions
- High energy and action-oriented with a history of getting things done in complex, fast moving environments. Successful in scrappy and entrepreneurial environments, with a drive to get things done.
- Strong multi-tasker with the ability to prioritize work based on business and operational needs
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to gain alignment across people at various levels and functions
- Results orientation with a strong work ethic. Must be tenacious, with the emotional intelligence to know when to push harder and when to look for alternative approaches
We're proud to be recognized by Glassdoor, Inc. Magazine, Fast Company and Forbes on their lists of best places to work. We also have a 4.9 Glassdoor rating! Orchard is building the first one-stop-shop in real estate and we’re bringing together the most innovative professionals across real estate, business, marketing, technology and design. We also have some pretty great perks:
- Equity participation
- Flexible PTO
- Up to 18 weeks of paid family leave
- Employee discount on Orchard’s services
We're currently working from home until it's safe for employees to return to the office. We anticipate returning later this year and are excited to welcome people back to our offices and see one another in person. Until then, your interviews will all happen virtually. If there is anything we can do to make your process easier, don't hesitate to let us know!
Orchard is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We provide employment opportunities without regard to age, race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, disability, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, veteran status, or any other protected status in accordance with applicable law.