Orchard is radically simplifying the way people buy and sell their homes. For the average American, the home purchase and sale process takes months, creates anxiety, and is filled with uncertainty and hassle. Orchard has reimagined the end-to-end experience of buying and selling, from innovative home search tools to find the perfect home to the ability to buy a new home before selling your current one. Orchard customers manage the entire experience through a personalized online dashboard, while also getting the support of best-in-class Orchard real estate agents.
Headquartered in New York City and with offices throughout Texas, Colorado, Georgia, North Carolina, and Virginia, Orchard has over 400 employees and growing. We have raised over $130 million in equity financing from top-tier investors including Revolution, Firstmark, Accomplice, Navitas and Juxtapose. Our investors have also backed the likes of Pinterest, AirBnb, Shopify and Sweetgreen. Orchard is proud to be recognized as part of Glassdoor’s Best Places to Work.
About the Role
Orchard is looking for a Director of Field Operations to design, implement and manage strategic initiatives and processes that improve Orchard’s in-market operations. The ideal candidate has hands-on experience at a startup or fast-growing company bringing projects from ideation to execution. This role requires working with multiple stakeholders, both internally and outside Orchard, to drive results that impact the customer experience, Field Team efficiency, and risk management relating to Orchard’s property acquisitions, renovation, and asset management flows.
This is a full time role that will report into the Head of Field Operations and be based in one of our existing markets of operation.
What You’ll Do Here
- Enhance the customer experience through the implementation, training, and management of a Virtual Inspection process
- Design processes to better support Orchard’s growing local and national vendor base and manage the successful vetting, onboarding, and review of all vendors utilized by the Field Ops department
- Continuously review the tooling, process, and policies behind all Field Ops Team’s responsibilities to uncover opportunities to drive efficiency, conversion, and customer satisfaction
- Lead the communication plan for all new initiatives within Field Ops to include training, feedback-gathering, and ongoing support
- Join Orchard’s Program Management Guild representing the Field Department in the rollout of all cross-functional large initiatives
We’d Love to Hear From You if You Have:
- 7+ years of experience in operations, program management, supply chain management, management consulting or similar fields. Preference for experience working at a tech or real estate company
- Ability to travel to spend time with local operations teams gathering insights and leading change
- Adaptability to thrive in a fast-paced, complex environment with evolving priorities
- An entrepreneur who sees ambiguity as opportunity, and obstacles as chances to build new solutions
- High energy and action-oriented with a history of getting things done quickly and concisely
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to gain alignment across people at various levels and functions, including verbal and written communication skills with an eagerness to collaborate
- Adept with technology and experienced with analytics and reporting tooling
We're proud to be recognized by Glassdoor, Inc. Magazine, Fast Company and Forbes on their lists of best places to work. We also have a 4.9 Glassdoor rating! Orchard is building the first one-stop-shop in real estate and we’re bringing together the most innovative professionals across real estate, business, marketing, technology and design. We also have some pretty great perks:
- Equity participation
- Flexible PTO
- Up to 18 weeks of paid family leave
- Employee discount on Orchard’s services
We're currently working from home until it's safe for employees to return to the office. We anticipate returning later this year and are excited to welcome people back to our offices and see one another in person. Until then, your interviews will all happen virtually. If there is anything we can do to make your process easier, don't hesitate to let us know!
Orchard is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We provide employment opportunities without regard to age, race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, disability, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, veteran status, or any other protected status in accordance with applicable law.