Orchard is radically simplifying the way people buy and sell their homes. For the average American, the home purchase and sale process takes months, creates anxiety, and is filled with uncertainty and hassle. Orchard has reimagined the end-to-end experience of buying and selling, from innovative home search tools to find the perfect home to the ability to buy a new home before selling your current one. Orchard customers manage the entire experience through a personalized online dashboard, while also getting the support of best-in-class Orchard real estate agents.
Headquartered in New York City and with offices throughout Texas, Colorado, Georgia, North Carolina, and Virginia, Orchard has over 400 employees and growing. We have raised over $130 million in equity financing from top-tier investors including Revolution, Firstmark, Accomplice, Navitas and Juxtapose. Our investors have also backed the likes of Pinterest, AirBnb, Shopify and Sweetgreen. Orchard is proud to be recognized as part of Glassdoor’s Best Places to Work.
Role and Responsibilities
As an Orchard Transaction Operations Manager, you will be responsible for ensuring that the customer journey starting from under contract through to final closing is handled efficiently and accurately. The ideal candidate is someone who is comfortable in ambiguity and willing to “roll up their sleeves” on any task big or small in order for us to help deliver an incredible home buying and selling experience for our customers. If that sounds like something you’re excited about, we want to hear from you. You will report to Katherine Mathews, Orchard’s Director of Operations. This role will be based in our Atlanta office.
What You’ll Do
- Hire, coach, and lead a growing team of Transaction Coordinators supporting our Home Advisors and Listing Agents based in Atlanta.
- Hold team accountable for performance, ensuring they are meeting or exceeding SLAs
- Work alongside your direct reports to understand the nuances of their role while also managing your team's results
- Act as a point of escalation for all operational expectations during the customer journey from contract to close
- Collaborate with cross-functional leaders on Orchard’s Sales, Listing Operations, Contracts, Title, Lender, and Accounting teams to refine processes across the operation
- Skilled people manager that knows how to build, develop, and manage a team of customer-oriented individual contributors
- Comfort operating in a metrics-driven, performance-based culture
- Owns the results of the team and focuses on continuous improvement
- Collaborative team player who enjoys working cross-functionally across an organization
- Low ego, with the ability to take feedback and iterate quickly
- High energy and action-oriented with a history of getting things done in complex, fast moving environments
- Organized, resourceful and detail-oriented, with a friendly focus on customer service
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Required Experience
- Proven experience driving a team’s performance through individual coaching and team motivation
- Familiarity with working in an organization that uses (and builds!) technology to enable operational processes that drive customer outcomes
- Minimum 4 years of experience in similar field or capacity and at least 2 years of experience managing teams
- Salesforce experience preferred
- Bachelor's degree
We're proud to be recognized by Glassdoor, Inc. Magazine, Fast Company and Forbes on their lists of best places to work. We also have a 4.9 Glassdoor rating! Orchard is building the first one-stop-shop in real estate and we’re bringing together the most innovative professionals across real estate, business, marketing, technology and design. We also have some pretty great perks:
- Equity participation
- Flexible PTO
- Up to 18 weeks of paid family leave
- Employee discount on Orchard’s services
We're currently working from home until it's safe for employees to return to the office. We anticipate returning later this year and are excited to welcome people back to our offices and see one another in person. Until then, your interviews will all happen virtually. If there is anything we can do to make your process easier, don't hesitate to let us know!
Orchard is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We provide employment opportunities without regard to age, race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, disability, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, veteran status, or any other protected status in accordance with applicable law.