Orchard is radically simplifying the way people buy and sell their homes. For the average American, the home purchase and sale process takes months, creates anxiety, and is filled with uncertainty and hassle. Orchard has reimagined the end-to-end experience of buying and selling, from innovative home search tools to find the perfect home to the ability to buy a new home before selling your current one. Orchard customers manage the entire experience through a personalized online dashboard, while also getting the support of best-in-class Orchard real estate agents.
Headquartered in New York City and with offices throughout Texas, Colorado, Georgia, North Carolina, and Virginia, Orchard has over 400 employees and growing. We have raised over $130 million in equity financing from top-tier investors including Revolution, Firstmark, Accomplice, Navitas and Juxtapose. Our investors have also backed the likes of Pinterest, AirBnb, Shopify and Sweetgreen. Orchard is proud to be recognized as part of Glassdoor’s Best Places to Work.
About the Role
The General Manager role is a member of the senior leadership team at Orchard and will be responsible for growth and customer experience for Orchard’s “dual track” customer: homeowners that are selling a home and buying a home at the same time. This customer segment represents 60% of home buyers in the country and the majority of Orchard’s business. The GM will identify ways to attract and convert new customers by improving our existing services and service delivery as well as identifying new services/products to bring to market. Just as importantly, you will focus on ensuring we continue to deliver an NPS that is more than 2x the industry average of 38 by identifying where there are opportunities to improve the experience and working cross-functionally to drive those initiatives to completion. You will own initiatives from ideation through execution, defining the core customer requirements for launch and collaborating with key stakeholders on messaging strategy, launch plan, and online & offline customer experience. This role reports to our Co-Founder/Chief Product and Marketing Officer.
As General Manager, you will:
- Own the topline growth, service delivery design and the customer experience for dual trackers
- Own the conversion rate from Lead → Customer Acquired and the NPS/CSAT for the dual track customer segment
- Define the ideal customer experience and go-to-market strategy for new dual track customer initiatives, such as new service launches
- Communicate with Orchard’s customers through surveys and interviews to better understand points of friction and prioritize areas of opportunity
- Partner closely with product, sales, and service teams to craft messaging and positioning for new launches and ensure alignment between customers’ digital and offline experiences
- Conduct research to inform positioning for new products and services
- Lead a team of 2 while working cross-functionally to achieve business objectives
The right candidate:
- Has 10+ years of relevant experience, which may include roles in consulting, strategy, product marketing/GTM, or business operations
- Has experience creating go-to-market strategies for new products, services, features
- Is commercially savvy - you understand how a decision impacts the business and how existing and potential services are received relative to rest of the industry
- Excels at leading large-scale, cross-functional projects across an organization
- Obsesses over customer experience and has a high degree of customer empathy
- Possesses stellar written and verbal communication, presentation, and storytelling skills
- Is equal parts creative and analytical; you should be equally comfortable in a design brainstorm and reviewing data in Excel or Looker
We're proud to be recognized by Glassdoor, Inc. Magazine, Fast Company and Forbes on their lists of best places to work. We also have a 4.9 Glassdoor rating! Orchard is building the first one-stop-shop in real estate and we’re bringing together the most innovative professionals across real estate, business, marketing, technology and design. We also have some pretty great perks:
- Equity participation
- Flexible PTO
- Up to 18 weeks of paid family leave
- Employee discount on Orchard’s services
We're currently working from home until it's safe for employees to return to the office. We anticipate returning later this year and are excited to welcome people back to our offices and see one another in person. Until then, your interviews will all happen virtually. If there is anything we can do to make your process easier, don't hesitate to let us know!
Orchard is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We provide employment opportunities without regard to age, race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, disability, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, veteran status, or any other protected status in accordance with applicable law.