Orchard is radically simplifying the way people buy and sell their homes. For the average American, the home purchase and sale process takes months, creates anxiety, and is filled with uncertainty and hassle. Orchard has reimagined the end-to-end experience of buying and selling, from innovative home search tools to find the perfect home to the ability to buy a new home before selling your current one. Orchard customers manage the entire experience through a personalized online dashboard, while also getting the support of best-in-class Orchard real estate agents.
Headquartered in New York City and with offices throughout Texas, Colorado, Georgia, North Carolina, and Virginia, Orchard has over 400 employees and growing. We have raised over $130 million in equity financing from top-tier investors including Revolution, Firstmark, Accomplice, Navitas and Juxtapose. Our investors have also backed the likes of Pinterest, AirBnb, Shopify and Sweetgreen. Orchard is proud to be recognized as part of Glassdoor’s Best Places to Work.
About the Role
Orchard is looking for a dynamic Escrow Officer to manage the closing process and provide an exceptional experience for our customers. The ideal candidate is a seasoned real estate professional with direct experience closing 1-4 family residential purchase transactions. If you are used to working with high-stakes and time-sensitive deals with an awesome support staff where every detail and process is critical to the successful and timely completion of the transaction, this is the job for you!. This is a full time role that will report into the Manager of Title Operations and be based out of our growing Dallas, Texas office.
What You’ll Do Here
- Prepare closing disclosures, escrow agreements and all other settlement documents according to lender and/or buyer/seller instructions
- Clearly communicate and collaborate with cross-department contacts in Customer Experience / Sales, Contract Operations, and Funding to promptly troubleshoot and resolve any issues in the Title process to avoid delays
- Obtain clear title by ordering title reports, resolving title defects, satisfying existing liens and encumbrances against property or principals
- Audit all files for accuracy, completion, and compliance to prevent potential claims
- Coordinate closings via e-notary or mobile notary services
- Provide correct lender closing instructions and oversee the receipt and proper disbursement of funds; ensure all outstanding checks and escrowed funds are properly managed
- Maintain compliance with Orchard Title policies and procedures in accordance with governing laws, regulations, regulatory agencies and company standards
We’d Love to Hear From You if You Have:
- 2+ years of experience as an Escrow Officer
- Exceptional verbal and written customer service skills that help form positive relationships both internally and externally
- Experience mastering complex processes and contributing with the understanding of your role within a larger series of processes
- Confidence working with technologies (e.g. Microsoft Suite and Google Suite) and speciality software (e.g. Qualia)
- Working knowledge of TX state-level escrow rules and regulations enforced by Texas Dept of Insurance
- A team player mentality who subscribes to the concept of “Team Before Self”
- Passion for innovation and are comfortable with change
- Organization skills and are exceptionally detail-oriented
About the Title, Escrow & Closing Team
Orchard Title is an affiliate of Orchard, fully dedicated to offering Title & Escrow services to customers to provide the most seamless, delightful closing experience possible. Orchard Title has a national footprint; we are currently in Texas, Georgia and Colorado with plans to expand to additional states in 2021.
We're proud to be recognized by Glassdoor, Inc. Magazine, Fast Company and Forbes on their lists of best places to work. We also have a 4.9 Glassdoor rating! Orchard is building the first one-stop-shop in real estate and we’re bringing together the most innovative professionals across real estate, business, marketing, technology and design. We also have some pretty great perks:
- Equity participation
- Flexible PTO
- Up to 18 weeks of paid family leave
- Employee discount on Orchard’s services
We're currently working from home until it's safe for employees to return to the office. We anticipate returning later this year and are excited to welcome people back to our offices and see one another in person. Until then, your interviews will all happen virtually. If there is anything we can do to make your process easier, don't hesitate to let us know!
Orchard is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We provide employment opportunities without regard to age, race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, disability, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, veteran status, or any other protected status in accordance with applicable law.