Orchard is radically simplifying the way people buy and sell their homes. For the average American, the home purchase and sale process takes months, creates anxiety, and is filled with uncertainty and hassle. Orchard has reimagined the end-to-end experience of buying and selling, from innovative home search tools to find the perfect home to the ability to buy a new home before selling your current one. Orchard customers manage the entire experience through a personalized online dashboard, while also getting the support of best-in-class Orchard real estate agents.
Headquartered in New York City and with offices throughout Texas, Colorado, Georgia, North Carolina, and Virginia, Orchard has over 400 employees and growing. We have raised over $130 million in equity financing from top-tier investors including Revolution, Firstmark, Accomplice, Navitas and Juxtapose. Our investors have also backed the likes of Pinterest, AirBnb, Shopify and Sweetgreen. Orchard is proud to be recognized as part of Glassdoor’s Best Places to Work.
About the Role
Orchard is looking for a Contract Operations Coordinator to help us deliver a seamless customer experience to our home buyers and sellers while maximizing our internal efficiency. This is a junior, hands-on role at an early stage company. The right candidate is happy to take on any task no matter how small and knock it out of the park. This role requires exceptional attention to detail. To be effective in this role you need to be hyper-organized in each task that you do. You are equal parts process-follower and problem-solver in this role.
This is a full-time role that will report into the Contract Operations Manager and be based out of our growing Austin office.
What You’ll Do Here
- Coordinate with our Customer Experience / Sales and Transaction Coordinator team to put together contracts for the home we purchase. This requires attention to detail as well as urgency to get each one done quickly
- Ensure that every home we purchase has every required document signed and saved before closing
- Start, stop, and transfer utilities and insurance for homes we purchase
- Transfer warranties into our name as needed
- Be the person that handles whatever-comes-up to help us deliver an amazing home sale/buying experience for our customers
We’d Love to Hear From You if You Have:
- 0-2 years professional experience in operations or process management preferred
- Bachelor's degree required
- Proficient with technology such as Microsoft Office and GoogleSuite
- High motor, low ego; with the ability to take feedback and iterate quickly
- Scrappiness to accomplish big goals as part of a growing team
- Ability to manage multiple timelines and a high volume of tasks
- Ability to successfully drive results with little oversight
- Strong process orientation
- Excellent organizational skills with the ability to work autonomously
- Excellent communication skills (written and oral)
We're proud to be recognized by Glassdoor, Inc. Magazine, Fast Company and Forbes on their lists of best places to work. We also have a 4.9 Glassdoor rating! Orchard is building the first one-stop-shop in real estate and we’re bringing together the most innovative professionals across real estate, business, marketing, technology and design. We also have some pretty great perks:
- Equity participation
- Flexible PTO
- Up to 18 weeks of paid family leave
- Employee discount on Orchard’s services
We're currently working from home until it's safe for employees to return to the office. We anticipate returning later this year and are excited to welcome people back to our offices and see one another in person. Until then, your interviews will all happen virtually. If there is anything we can do to make your process easier, don't hesitate to let us know!
Orchard is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We provide employment opportunities without regard to age, race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, disability, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, veteran status, or any other protected status in accordance with applicable law.