Orchard is radically simplifying the way people buy and sell their homes. For the average American, the home purchase and sale process takes months, creates anxiety, and is filled with uncertainty and hassle. Orchard has reimagined the end-to-end experience of buying and selling, from innovative home search tools to find the perfect home to the ability to buy a new home before selling your current one. Orchard customers manage the entire experience through a personalized online dashboard, while also getting the support of best-in-class Orchard real estate agents.
Headquartered in New York City and with offices throughout Texas, Colorado, Georgia, North Carolina, and Virginia, Orchard has over 400 employees and growing. We have raised over $130 million in equity financing from top-tier investors including Revolution, Firstmark, Accomplice, Navitas and Juxtapose. Our investors have also backed the likes of Pinterest, AirBnb, Shopify and Sweetgreen. Orchard is proud to be recognized as part of Glassdoor’s Best Places to Work.
About the Role
As a Data Engineer, you will be involved in creating, updating and maintaining the full business intelligence stack. Focusing on building scalable back-end data architecture but also producing high impact front-end dashboards. Working closely with the Product and Technology teams, you will extract and transform data from new products and build & own the analytics layer of the company’s data environment to support our business intelligence tooling. You will help lead the charge to surface critical data to end users and enable leadership to make fast, data-informed decisions.
This is a full-time role reporting to our Head of Engineering, and will be based out of our New York City office.
What You’ll Do Here
- Spearhead business intelligence infrastructure efforts, including owning the design and implementation of a modular, parallelized codebase of SQL scripts necessary for long-term business intelligence scalability
- Dive into and deeply understand new data sources and their underlying data libraries to transform, integrate, and make them accessible for self-directed analysis by stakeholders across the business, including team leads from sales, marketing, product, and operations
- Design, create, and continuously improve upon reports, dashboards, etc. to help company stakeholders measure performance and make informed decisions; closely collaborate with functional group leads throughout the reporting lifecycle, from initial scoping to deployment to maintenance
We’d Love to Hear From You if You Have
- 4+ years of experience in a business intelligence, analytics, data science or engineering role. Experience working at a high-growth technology company a plus.
- BA/BS degree in a quantitative discipline (Computer Science, Math, Statistics, Physics or Engineering)
- Experience working in SQL and Python. Familiarity with Postgres, Redshift, Airflow or Looker is a plus.
- Exceptional dimensional data modeling skills. Knowledgeable about data warehouse technical architecture, ETL frameworks, and OLAP principles.
- Experience prioritizing, building, and deploying code using business intelligence reporting tools; Looker proficiency a plus.
- Experience driving fast-paced projects from scratch to completion (e.g. building a new code base to tackle a complex problem) in a highly organized manner
We're proud to be recognized by Glassdoor, Inc. Magazine, Fast Company and Forbes on their lists of best places to work. We also have a 4.9 Glassdoor rating! Orchard is building the first one-stop-shop in real estate and we’re bringing together the most innovative professionals across real estate, business, marketing, technology and design. We also have some pretty great perks:
- Equity participation
- Flexible PTO
- Up to 18 weeks of paid family leave
- Employee discount on Orchard’s services
We're currently working from home until it's safe for employees to return to the office. We anticipate returning later this year and are excited to welcome people back to our offices and see one another in person. Until then, your interviews will all happen virtually. If there is anything we can do to make your process easier, don't hesitate to let us know!
Orchard is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We provide employment opportunities without regard to age, race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, disability, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, veteran status, or any other protected status in accordance with applicable law.