Orchard is radically simplifying the way people buy and sell their homes. For the average American, the home purchase and sale process takes months, creates anxiety, and is filled with uncertainty and hassle. Orchard has reimagined the end-to-end experience of buying and selling, from innovative home search tools to find the perfect home to the ability to buy a new home before selling your current one. Orchard customers manage the entire experience through a personalized online dashboard, while also getting the support of best-in-class Orchard real estate agents.
Headquartered in New York City and with offices throughout Texas, Colorado, Georgia, North Carolina, and Virginia, Orchard has over 400 employees and growing. We have raised over $130 million in equity financing from top-tier investors including Revolution, Firstmark, Accomplice, Navitas and Juxtapose. Our investors have also backed the likes of Pinterest, AirBnb, Shopify and Sweetgreen. Orchard is proud to be recognized as part of Glassdoor’s Best Places to Work.
About the Role
Orchard is looking for a Home Loan Officer to assist customers through their current and future mortgage needs. You will be responsible for originating residential mortgage loans from pre-qualification to funding and servicing inbound leads in support of Orchard Homes. There is no outbound lead generation as part of this role. The ideal candidate has experience working in a fast-paced environment with a focus on consultative selling clients on mortgages and providing exceptional customer service. This is a full time role that will report into the Home Loan Manager and be based out of our growing San Antonio, Texas office.
What You’ll Do Here
- Consult with clients about current needs and Orchard Home Loan solutions to help them achieve their financial goals
- Recommend loan solutions and originate loans in accordance with company lending guidelines and customer satisfaction standards
- Operate as a key point of contact during the loan process (application through closing) including updating the borrower on loan status and reviewing disclosures and loan documents with the borrower
- Close at least 80% of captive leads and manage pipeline of at least 10-15 loans per month, both new purchases and refinances
- Work collaboratively with Orchard’s other teams across Real Estate and Title Operations to ensure complete borrower satisfaction based on CSAT and NPS scores
- Comply with state and federal regulatory requirements as well as Orchard Home Loan’s Policies & Procedures
We’d Love to Hear From You if You Have:
- 1+ years experience with lending experience and an active NMLS license or registered (Texas, Georgia, or Colorado preferred)
- Bachelor’s degree
- Knowledge of guidelines pertaining to Fannie Mae, Freddie Mac, FHA, VA
- Proficiency in DU/DO/ LPA and mortgage POS and LOS systems
- Ability to handle a high volume of pre-qualification requests and close loans
- Strong consultative sales skills and passion for customer service
- Great oral and written communication skills
- Excellent organization and time management skills with ability to multitask
- Commitment to working as a team-player
- Proficient in Microsoft Word, Outlook, Excel and Google-Suite
About the Home Loan Team
Orchard Home Loans (OHL) is an affiliate of Orchard, fully dedicated to offering Mortgage brokerage services to customers to provide a seamless and delightful mortgage transaction. OHL is an innovative environment, with a focus on constant improvement, transparency, and teamwork. Additionally, Orchard Home Loans is a growing team with opportunities to develop your skills and further your career.
We're proud to be recognized by Glassdoor, Inc. Magazine, Fast Company and Forbes on their lists of best places to work. We also have a 4.9 Glassdoor rating! Orchard is building the first one-stop-shop in real estate and we’re bringing together the most innovative professionals across real estate, business, marketing, technology and design. We also have some pretty great perks:
- Equity participation
- Flexible PTO
- Up to 18 weeks of paid family leave
- Employee discount on Orchard’s services
We're currently working from home until it's safe for employees to return to the office. We anticipate returning later this year and are excited to welcome people back to our offices and see one another in person. Until then, your interviews will all happen virtually. If there is anything we can do to make your process easier, don't hesitate to let us know!
Orchard is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We provide employment opportunities without regard to age, race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, disability, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, veteran status, or any other protected status in accordance with applicable law.