Orchard is radically simplifying the way people buy and sell their homes. For the average American, the home purchase and sale process takes months, creates anxiety, and is filled with uncertainty and hassle. Orchard has reimagined the end-to-end experience of buying and selling, from innovative home search tools to find the perfect home to the ability to buy a new home before selling your current one. Orchard customers manage the entire experience through a personalized online dashboard, while also getting the support of best-in-class Orchard real estate agents.
Headquartered in New York City and with offices throughout Texas, Colorado, Georgia, North Carolina, and Virginia, Orchard has over 400 employees and growing. We have raised over $130 million in equity financing from top-tier investors including Revolution, Firstmark, Accomplice, Navitas and Juxtapose. Our investors have also backed the likes of Pinterest, AirBnb, Shopify and Sweetgreen. Orchard is proud to be recognized as part of Glassdoor’s Best Places to Work.
About the Role
Orchard is looking for a Creative Director to help establish Orchard as the leading brand for home buying & selling. The Creative Director will own our visual and verbal identity across all of our customer-facing touchpoints (advertising, website, offline customer experience). You will lead concepting and execution of campaigns that will span the highly strategic (semi-annual TV and OOH campaigns) to more direct response (social, email), and everything in between. The ideal candidate has been in-house in a consumer brand design leadership role before.
This is a full-time role that will report into the SVP of Marketing and be based out of our New York headquarters.
What You’ll Do Here
- Concept and execute integrated ad campaigns that we will feature with our 8-figure marketing budget. Your team’s work will be critical to a number of marketing initiatives:
- Direct Response Ads - From TV to paid social, direct mail and email, we are constantly testing creative to understand what resonates with the end-consumer
- Brand Campaigns - We are launching our first large-scale brand awareness campaign across TV and OOH with plans to take learnings and build upon initial launch creative.
- Overall Brand Building - Whether it’s customer testimonials, explainer videos, branded face masks for our agents, headshots for our team members or new company presentation templates, we want our brand to be presented professionally everywhere.
- Sales Collateral - Our real estate agents and sales teams need to be able to tell our story and explain our services clearly, our design team helps set them up for success.
- Marketing Strategy - Whether we’re launching a new market or introducing a new service, this leader will partner closely with our growth and brand marketing teams to ideate on tactics and define messaging.
- Manage a team of 4 that will balance the day-to-day needs of a high growth consumer brand with the strategic desires to build an enduring brand.
- Own our brand style guide, evolving it over time as needed and working closely with our product design team as well to ensure our brand is represented consistently across our digital products and our marketing assets. This includes building on our illustration library and developing a look and feel for brand photography.
We’d Love to Hear From You if You Have:
- Visual design background
- Fluent in communications, marketing, and brand strategy
- Track record of concepting campaigns from scratch and bringing them to fruition in TV, OOH, Social, Email
- Experience managing a team
- A “no task too small” mindset - you can still do some visual design work yourself
- 6+ years experience in brand design, with at least 2 of those years in-house
We're proud to be recognized by Glassdoor, Inc. Magazine, Fast Company and Forbes on their lists of best places to work. We also have a 4.9 Glassdoor rating! Orchard is building the first one-stop-shop in real estate and we’re bringing together the most innovative professionals across real estate, business, marketing, technology and design. We also have some pretty great perks:
- Equity participation
- Flexible PTO
- Up to 18 weeks of paid family leave
- Employee discount on Orchard’s services
We're currently working from home until it's safe for employees to return to the office. We anticipate returning later this year and are excited to welcome people back to our offices and see one another in person. Until then, your interviews will all happen virtually. If there is anything we can do to make your process easier, don't hesitate to let us know!
Orchard is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We provide employment opportunities without regard to age, race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, disability, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, veteran status, or any other protected status in accordance with applicable law.