Orchard is radically simplifying the way people buy and sell their homes. For the average American, the home purchase and sale process takes months, creates anxiety, and is filled with uncertainty and hassle. Orchard has reimagined the end-to-end experience of buying and selling, from innovative home search tools to find the perfect home to the ability to buy a new home before selling your current one. Orchard customers manage the entire experience through a personalized online dashboard, while also getting the support of best-in-class Orchard real estate agents.
Headquartered in New York City and with offices throughout Texas, Colorado, Georgia, North Carolina, and Virginia, Orchard has over 400 employees and growing. We have raised over $130 million in equity financing from top-tier investors including Revolution, Firstmark, Accomplice, Navitas and Juxtapose. Our investors have also backed the likes of Pinterest, AirBnb, Shopify and Sweetgreen. Orchard is proud to be recognized as part of Glassdoor’s Best Places to Work.
About the Role
Orchard is looking for an Associate General Manager (AGM), North Carolina to manage the company's successful growth of the Charlotte and Raleigh markets. The AGM will build and manage the local team, market-level profitability, daily operations, inventory management, and renovations. The ideal candidate has operations management experience involving both digital and real-world operations and is a passionate leader, a strong communicator, and someone that “gets things done.”
This is a full time role that will report into the General Manager of North Carolina and be based out of our growing Charlotte market.
What You’ll Do Here
- Evaluate and underwrite prospective homes for purchase; scope and inspect all repairs and investments made to homes we purchase; help set asset-level pricing and sales decisions.
- Build, grow and develop a local operations team of acquisition, renovation and asset management specialists.
- Set and manage your team’s goals, monitor team productivity, and drive workplace and cultural norms that align with Orchard’s company values.
- Contribute to Orchard's home acquisition and disposition process throughout Charlotte and Raleigh markets.
- Build and manage a network of third-party vendors to support Orchard’s business operations in Charlotte and Raleigh
- Manage the growth of the business in your market by collaborating with sales, marketing and underwriting/investments to drive growth and profitability.
- Partner with the General Manager to ensure all KPI targets are met. Monitor market-level KPIs/metrics on a daily, weekly and monthly basis and develop initiatives to optimize them.
- Professionally represent Orchard in the Charlotte and Raleigh home markets through relationships with vendors and customers.
We’d Love to Hear From You if You Have:
- Experience in single family residential real estate (e.g. experience with single family residential investing/operations, homebuilding, or brokerage).
- 5+ years prior experience in an operations management role involving both digital and real-world operations with experience leading a business unit and/or managing a P&L.
- Experience leading a cross-functional team, including working closely with operators, and highly effective at building collaborative relationships across an organization
- Deep knowledge of the North Carolina real estate market and have lived in North Carolina for 2+ years.
- Customer empathy with a mindset of finding ways to balance delivering a superior customer experience and a successful operational and financial outcome for our business.
- High energy and action-oriented with a history of getting things done in complex, fast moving environments. Successful in scrappy and entrepreneurial environments, with a drive to get things done.
- Strong analytical skills and attention to detail with a data-driven mentality.
- Track record of good business judgment with maturity, diplomacy, and communication skills (both written and verbal).
We're proud to be recognized by Glassdoor, Inc. Magazine, Fast Company and Forbes on their lists of best places to work. We also have a 4.9 Glassdoor rating! Orchard is building the first one-stop-shop in real estate and we’re bringing together the most innovative professionals across real estate, business, marketing, technology and design. We also have some pretty great perks:
- Equity participation
- Flexible PTO
- Up to 18 weeks of paid family leave
- Employee discount on Orchard’s services
We're currently working from home until it's safe for employees to return to the office. We anticipate returning later this year and are excited to welcome people back to our offices and see one another in person. Until then, your interviews will all happen virtually. If there is anything we can do to make your process easier, don't hesitate to let us know!
Orchard is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We provide employment opportunities without regard to age, race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, disability, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, veteran status, or any other protected status in accordance with applicable law.