Orchard is radically simplifying the way people buy and sell their homes. For the average American, the home purchase and sale process takes months, creates anxiety, and is filled with uncertainty and hassle. Orchard has reimagined the end-to-end experience of buying and selling, from innovative home search tools to find the perfect home to the ability to buy a new home before selling your current one. Orchard customers manage the entire experience through a personalized online dashboard, while also getting the support of best-in-class Orchard real estate agents.
Headquartered in New York City and with offices throughout Texas, Colorado, Georgia, North Carolina, and Virginia, Orchard has over 500 employees and growing. We've recently raised $100 million in Series D funding at a valuation over $1 billion and have financing from top-tier investors including Revolution, Firstmark, Accomplice, Navitas and Juxtapose. Our investors have also backed the likes of Pinterest, AirBnb, Shopify and Sweetgreen. Orchard is proud to be recognized as part of Glassdoor’s Best Places to Work.
Role & Responsibilities
The Associate GM (AGM) will be a critical member of the Orchard team, located in Denver, Colorado and reporting to Head of Field Operations, Chris Smith. The AGM will be responsible for the company's successful growth of the Denver market, including building and managing the local team, market-level profitability, daily operations, inventory management, renovations, etc. As the AGM, you will:
- Develop and implement the growth strategy and goals in your market.
- Build and help manage a local operations team of acquisition, renovation and asset management specialists.
- You will help set and manage your team’s goals, monitor team productivity, and drive workplace and cultural norms that align with Orchard’s company values.
- Contribute to Orchard's home acquisition and disposition process throughout Denver and Colorado Springs.
- Be responsible for (among other things): evaluating and underwriting prospective homes for purchase; scoping and inspecting all repairs and investments made to homes we purchase; helping set asset-level pricing and sales decisions.
- Build and manage a network of third-party vendors to support Orchard’s business operations in Denver and Colorado Springs.
- Be responsible for growth of the business in your market. You will collaborate with sales, marketing and underwriting/investments to drive growth and profitability.
- Partner with the Head of Field Operations to ensure all KPI targets are met. You will monitor market-level KPIs/metrics on a daily, weekly and monthly basis and develop initiatives to optimize them.
- Be a champion for Colorado within Orchard – and a champion for Orchard throughout Colorado.
- At least 7+ years prior experience in an operations management role involving both digital and real-world operations with experience leading a business unit and/or managing a P&L. Not required but preferred -- experience in single family residential real estate (e.g. experience with single family residential investing/operations, homebuilding, or brokerage).
- Experience leading a cross-functional team, including working closely with operators.
- Proven track record of success in goal achievement.
- Experience using software to manage operations.
- Deep knowledge of the Colorado real estate market – you have lived in Colorado for 2+ years.
- Highly effective at building collaborative relationships across our entire organization.
- Possesses customer empathy with a mindset of finding ways to balance delivering a superior customer experience and a successful operational and financial outcome for our business.
- An entrepreneur who sees ambiguity as opportunity, and obstacles as chances to build new solutions.
- High energy and action-oriented with a history of getting things done in complex, fast moving environments. Successful in scrappy and entrepreneurial environments, with a drive to get things done.
- Strong analytical skills and attention to detail with a data-driven mentality.
- Track record of good business judgment with maturity, diplomacy, and communication skills (both written and verbal).
- Results orientation with a strong work ethic. Must be tenacious, with the emotional intelligence to know when to push harder and when to look for alternative approaches. Solutions-focused mindset.
- A strong multi-tasker with the ability to prioritize work based on business and operational needs. Ability to manage time effectively.
- People describe you as: Passionate, a leader, a strong communicator, and someone that “gets things done.”
The pay range for this position in Colorado is $80,000-$85,000year, which includes a combination of base salary and annual on-target commission pay. The base pay offered may vary depending on job-related knowledge, skills, and experience. Stock options and other incentive pay may be provided as part of the compensation package, in addition to a full range of medical, financial, and/or other benefits, depending on the position ultimately offered. This information is provided per the Colorado Equal Pay Act. Base pay information is based on market location.
We're proud to be recognized by Glassdoor, Inc. Magazine, Fast Company and Forbes on their lists of best places to work. We also have a 4.8 Glassdoor rating! Orchard is building the first one-stop-shop in real estate and we’re bringing together the most innovative professionals across real estate, business, marketing, technology and design. We also have some pretty great perks:
- Equity participation
- Flexible PTO
- Up to 18 weeks of paid family leave
- Employee discount on Orchard’s services
We're continuing to work from home until it's safe for all employees to return to the office. Our offices are open for our team members who would like to come in on a voluntary basis and for team members who work in essential in-office roles. As part of our commitment to health and safety, all employees currently working in our office spaces are required to show proof of vaccination. We anticipate making an official return to the office on a hybrid basis in January of 2022 and are excited to see one another in person. Until then, your interviews will all happen virtually. If there is anything we can do to make your process easier, don't hesitate to let us know!
Orchard is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We provide employment opportunities without regard to age, race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, disability, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, veteran status, or any other protected status in accordance with applicable law.