Orchard is radically simplifying the way people buy and sell their homes. For the average American, the home purchase and sale process takes months, creates anxiety, and is filled with uncertainty and hassle. Orchard has reimagined the end-to-end experience of buying and selling, from innovative home search tools to find the perfect home to the ability to buy a new home before selling your current one. Orchard customers manage the entire experience through a personalized online dashboard, while also getting the support of best-in-class Orchard real estate agents.
Headquartered in New York City and with offices throughout Texas, Colorado, Georgia, North Carolina, and Virginia, Orchard has over 500 employees and growing. We've recently raised $100 million in Series D funding at a valuation over $1 billion and have financing from top-tier investors including Revolution, Firstmark, Accomplice, Navitas and Juxtapose. Our investors have also backed the likes of Pinterest, AirBnb, Shopify and Sweetgreen. Orchard is proud to be recognized as part of Glassdoor’s Best Places to Work.
About the Role:
Orchard is looking for an experienced HR Business Partner to work with some of our fastest-growing engineering and technical teams. Reporting to the Director of People Operations, you will lead and implement key People processes and programs within your areas of responsibility.
The ideal candidate is highly collaborative, with the ability to build strong relationships at all levels of the business and a passion for helping shape and deliver a best-in-class employee experience. You are fluent in both “HR” and “Business” speak, and understand how HR policies and initiatives contribute to the overall strategic and operational objectives. As the primary HR partner for some of Orchard’s most business-critical teams, this is a great opportunity to make an impact on Orchard’s employees, customers, and overall business.
What you’ll do:
- Lead and execute key People Operations processes including performance management, compensation, internal mobility, and employee onboarding and termination
- Support and enable programs and initiatives to deliver on Orchard’s People strategy and goals, from employee engagement and culture to learning and development
- Partner with business leaders to think strategically about how they manage, engage, and develop their teams
- Build strong relationships with individuals and teams to maintain a “pulse” on your departments and proactively anticipate challenges, risks, and opportunities
- Synthesize learnings and observations to identify opportunities to improve People team processes and programs
- Champion Orchard’s Diversity, Equity & Inclusion strategy in all components of work
- 5+ years of experience working in the HR/People space, ideally within a growth-stage technology startup, with at least 2 years in an HR Business Partner capacity. Experience working with engineering teams and/or in the real estate industry is a plus!
- Proficiency and experience in core HR disciplines such as employee relations, talent management, compensation and benefits administration, and learning and development
- Meticulous organizational skills and attention to detail, with experience executing complex and long-term projects involving cross-functional stakeholders
- Polished communicator with the ability to advise business leaders, facilitate small and large group sessions, and navigate sensitive situations with tact
- High degree of empathy and openness, with the ability to understand other experiences and perspectives to inform recommendations and business decisions
- Experience using HR data to draw meaningful insights and recommendations
- Comfortable working with distributed teams in a flexible, fast-paced environment
- Strong working knowledge of MS Office/GSuite tools
- Bachelor’s Degree required
We're proud to be recognized by Glassdoor, Inc. Magazine, Fast Company and Forbes on their lists of best places to work. We also have a 4.8 Glassdoor rating! Orchard is building the first one-stop-shop in real estate and we’re bringing together the most innovative professionals across real estate, business, marketing, technology and design. We also have some pretty great perks:
- Equity participation
- Flexible PTO
- Up to 18 weeks of paid family leave
- Employee discount on Orchard’s services
We're continuing to work from home until it's safe for all employees to return to the office. Our offices are open for our team members who would like to come in on a voluntary basis and for team members who work in essential in-office roles. As part of our commitment to health and safety, all employees currently working in our office spaces are required to show proof of vaccination. We anticipate making an official return to the office on a hybrid basis in January of 2022 and are excited to see one another in person. Until then, your interviews will all happen virtually. If there is anything we can do to make your process easier, don't hesitate to let us know!
Orchard is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We provide employment opportunities without regard to age, race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, disability, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, veteran status, or any other protected status in accordance with applicable law.