Orchard is radically simplifying the way people buy and sell their homes. For the average American, the home purchase and sale process takes months, creates anxiety, and is filled with uncertainty and hassle. Orchard has reimagined the end-to-end experience of buying and selling, from innovative home search tools to find the perfect home to the ability to buy a new home before selling your current one. Orchard customers manage the entire experience through a personalized online dashboard, while also getting the support of best-in-class Orchard real estate agents.
Headquartered in New York City and with offices throughout Texas, Colorado, Georgia, North Carolina, and Virginia, Orchard has over 400 employees and growing. We have raised over $130 million in equity financing from top-tier investors including Revolution, Firstmark, Accomplice, Navitas and Juxtapose. Our investors have also backed the likes of Pinterest, AirBnb, Shopify and Sweetgreen. Orchard is proud to be recognized as part of Glassdoor’s Best Places to Work.
About the Role
Orchard is looking for a Home Loan Coordinator to support all operational aspects of the mortgage transaction process and partner with the Home Loan Officers to service inbound leads in support of Orchard Homes. You will be responsible for gathering and processing all loan documentation and ensure compliance with policy, regulatory, and loan terms on a lender-by-lender basis. The ideal candidate has experience working in a fast-paced environment with a focus on mortgage loan processing and providing exceptional customer service. This is a full time role that will report into the Home Loan Manager and be based out of our growing Austin, Texas office.
What You’ll Do Here
- Prepare loan applications and files for the Home Loan Officer by tracking outstanding items, collecting documentation, and reviewing applications for discrepancies
- Respond to customers’ general questions, inquiries, and concerns while escalating all licensed required activities to Home Loan Officers
- Own the setup and processing of each file by ordering title, homeowners insurance, appraisals, pay offs, HOA docs, VOE/VOI, etc.
- Update customers, real estate agents, and title companies on the loan’s progress and status
- Manage CRM customer lead database and assist in handling hundreds of leads per month
- Provide top-notch customer service by effectively communicating and cooperating with team members and customers
- Calculate financials (income, assets, and liabilities) per lender requirements
We’d Love to Hear From You if You Have:
- 2+ years experience with mortgage loan processing
- Bachelor’s degree or direct experience in the mortgage industry (i.e. loan officer, underwriter)
- Experience with TPO/Broker processing model and mortgage POS and LOS systems required
- Proficiency in DU/DO/LPA, as well as familiarity with FHA Connection and VA Portal
- Excellent organization, communication, and time management skills
- Analytical skills with strong attention to detail
- Good judgment and the ability to work independently and ethically
- Ability to multitask, work well under time constraints and within deadlines
- Commitment to working as a team-player
- Proficient in Microsoft Word, Outlook, Excel, and Google-Suite
About the Home Loan Team
Orchard Home Loans (OHL) is an affiliate of Orchard, fully dedicated to offering Mortgage brokerage services to customers to provide a seamless and delightful mortgage transaction . OHL is an innovative environment, with a focus on constant improvement, transparency, and teamwork. Additionally, Orchard Home Loans is a growing team with opportunities to develop your skills and further your career.
We're proud to be recognized by Glassdoor, Inc. Magazine, Fast Company and Forbes on their lists of best places to work. We also have a 4.9 Glassdoor rating! Orchard is building the first one-stop-shop in real estate and we’re bringing together the most innovative professionals across real estate, business, marketing, technology and design. We also have some pretty great perks:
- Equity participation
- Flexible PTO
- Up to 18 weeks of paid family leave
- Employee discount on Orchard’s services
We're currently working from home until it's safe for employees to return to the office. We anticipate returning later this year and are excited to welcome people back to our offices and see one another in person. Until then, your interviews will all happen virtually. If there is anything we can do to make your process easier, don't hesitate to let us know!
Orchard is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We provide employment opportunities without regard to age, race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, disability, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, veteran status, or any other protected status in accordance with applicable law.