Orchard is radically simplifying the way people buy and sell their homes. For the average American, the home purchase and sale process takes months, creates anxiety, and is filled with uncertainty and hassle. Orchard has reimagined the end-to-end experience of buying and selling, from innovative home search tools to find the perfect home to the ability to buy a new home before selling your current one. Orchard customers manage the entire experience through a personalized online dashboard, while also getting the support of best-in-class Orchard real estate agents.
Headquartered in New York City and with offices throughout Texas, Colorado, Georgia, North Carolina, and Virginia, Orchard has over 300 employees and growing. We have raised over $130 million in equity financing from top-tier investors including Revolution, Firstmark, Accomplice, Navitas and Juxtapose. Our investors have also backed the likes of Pinterest, AirBnb, Shopify and Sweetgreen. Orchard is proud to be recognized as part of Glassdoor’s Best Places to Work.
About the Role
Orchard is looking for a Senior Escrow Officer, Team Lead to run the day to day operations and own the responsibility for ensuring that the escrow experience delights our sellers and buyers from post-contract to close. You will manage a team and oversee preparation of closing documents, and post-closing requirements.The ideal candidate is a seasoned leader with deep expertise in national title and escrow rules and regulations, and is exceptionally customer-centric with the stamina to build new processes that improve performance in a dynamic, fast-paced, ever-changing environment. This is a full time role that will report into the General Manager of Title & Closing Operations and be based out of our growing Frisco, Texas office.
What You’ll Do Here
- Manage escrow team members’ quality of work, adherence to procedures, and timely progress of all business functions to hit deadlines
- Coach the team in delivering best-in-class closing services to our clients, and achieve targets/metrics and planned objectives; effectively communicate with customers by telephone and written correspondence
- Monitor internal processes and procedures to ensure best practices and documentation are maintained, and identify areas of organizational risk and non-compliance in partnership with our Compliance Manager
- Evaluate, improve, and develop systems for escrow team to increase efficiency and eliminate errors while always considering the impact on the customer experience
- Handle escalations and make recommendations to the GM, Title and Closing about the best course of action on a case-by-case basis
- Leverage playbooks, scripts, coaching, Service Level Agreements, and performance management to ensure consistent, repeatable execution
- On-board and retain exceptional escrow team members in-line with the growth of the business to deliver consistently exceptional customer satisfaction
- Clearly communicate and collaborate with cross-department contacts in Customer Experience, Sales, Contract Operations, and Engineering to promptly troubleshoot and resolve any issues in the Escrow, Title & Closing process to avoid delays in the client engagement timeline
We’d Love to Hear From You if You Have:
- 3+ years of experience managing a title, escrow and/or closing team focused on single family residential real estate transactions
- Strong understanding of National title and ATLA rules and regulations
- Balanced, candid and caring leadership style focused on building a positive, high performance culture
- Experience preparing closing disclosures, escrow agreements, and other settlement documents; processing and closing files, and receipt and disbursement of funds
- Success communicating and effectively partnering with realtors, lenders, mortgage brokers, and clients
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills, and a keen attention to detail with high-standard for quality
- Entrepreneurial spirit, seeing ambiguity as an opportunity and obstacles as chances to build new solutions
- Track record of good business judgment executed with maturity and diplomacy
- Action-oriented bias with a history of getting things done in complex, fast-moving environments
About the Title, Escrow & Closing Team
Orchard Title is an affiliate of Orchard, fully dedicated to offering Title & Escrow services to customers to provide the most seamless, delightful closing experience possible. Orchard Title has a national footprint; we are currently in Texas, Georgia and Colorado with plans to expand to additional states in 2021.
We're proud to be recognized by Glassdoor, Inc. Magazine, Fast Company and Forbes on their lists of best places to work. We also have a 4.9 Glassdoor rating! Orchard is building the first one-stop-shop in real estate and we’re bringing together the most innovative professionals across real estate, business, marketing, technology and design. We also have some pretty great perks:
- Equity participation
- Flexible PTO
- Up to 18 weeks of paid family leave
- Employee discount on Orchard’s services
We're currently working from home until it's safe for employees to return to the office. We anticipate returning later this year and are excited to welcome people back to our offices and see one another in person. Until then, your interviews will all happen virtually. If there is anything we can do to make your process easier, don't hesitate to let us know!
Orchard is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We provide employment opportunities without regard to age, race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, disability, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, veteran status, or any other protected status in accordance with applicable law.