Orchard is radically simplifying the way people buy and sell their homes. For the average American, the home purchase and sale process takes months, creates anxiety, and is filled with uncertainty and hassle. Orchard has reimagined the end-to-end experience of buying and selling, from innovative home search tools to find the perfect home to the ability to buy a new home before selling your current one. Orchard customers manage the entire experience through a personalized online dashboard, while also getting the support of best-in-class Orchard real estate agents.
Headquartered in New York City and with offices throughout Texas, Colorado, Georgia, North Carolina, and Virginia, Orchard has over 400 employees and growing. We have raised over $130 million in equity financing from top-tier investors including Revolution, Firstmark, Accomplice, Navitas and Juxtapose. Our investors have also backed the likes of Pinterest, AirBnb, Shopify and Sweetgreen. Orchard is proud to be recognized as part of Glassdoor’s Best Places to Work.
About the Role
Orchard is seeking a dynamic & customer-service oriented Buying Specialist to support Orchard's mission of creating raving fans. In this role, you will assist our customers by helping them find potential homes and leading them through home showings. This role partners closely with our Orchard Home Advisors to deliver a best-in-class experience to our customers and is a great opportunity to join an early-stage company that is transforming the way customers buy and sell their homes for the better. The full-time position is based out Austin and reports to the Regional Sales Manager.
What You’ll Do Here
- Create raving fans by being relentlessly customer-focused: demonstrating empathy & a strong sense of urgency on all customer communications.
- Assist the Orchard Home Advisors/Listing Agents by showing homes to buyer clients.
- Continuously improve the way we do showings and simplify the process to give our clients the best home buying experience.
- Help buyers navigate their home search with Orchard and help them make the right next step, along with our Home Advisor by paying close attention to their needs throughout the home buying journey.
We’d Love to Hear From You if You Have:
- An active Texas real estate license.
- Familiarity with the Austin Market.
- Excellent communication skills - both written and oral - and a drive for results.
- Strong customer-service mindset & enthusiasm for helping others.
- Flexibility to adapt to clients' schedules and work various hours as needed, including nights and weekends (for home tours/showings).
- Experience representing buyers, a history of transaction volume, and are well-versed in the home buying process.
We're proud to be recognized by Glassdoor, Inc. Magazine, Fast Company and Forbes on their lists of best places to work. We also have a 4.8 Glassdoor rating! Orchard is building the first one-stop-shop in real estate and we’re bringing together the most innovative professionals across real estate, business, marketing, technology and design. We also have some pretty great perks:
- Equity participation
- Flexible PTO
- Up to 18 weeks of paid family leave
- Employee discount on Orchard’s services
We're currently working from home until it's safe for employees to return to the office. We anticipate returning later this year and are excited to welcome people back to our offices and see one another in person. Until then, your interviews will all happen virtually. If there is anything we can do to make your process easier, don't hesitate to let us know!
Orchard is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We provide employment opportunities without regard to age, race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, disability, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, veteran status, or any other protected status in accordance with applicable law.