Orchard is radically simplifying the way people buy and sell their homes. For the average American, the home purchase and sale process takes months, creates anxiety, and is filled with uncertainty and hassle. Orchard has reimagined the end-to-end experience of buying and selling, from innovative home search tools to find the perfect home to the ability to buy a new home before selling your current one. Orchard customers manage the entire experience through a personalized online dashboard, while also getting the support of best-in-class Orchard real estate agents.
Headquartered in New York City and with offices throughout Texas, Colorado, Georgia, North Carolina, and Virginia, Orchard has over 300 employees and growing. We have raised over $130 million in equity financing from top-tier investors including Revolution, Firstmark, Accomplice, Navitas and Juxtapose. Our investors have also backed the likes of Pinterest, AirBnb, Shopify and Sweetgreen. Orchard is proud to be recognized as part of Glassdoor’s Best Places to Work.
About the Role
Orchard is looking for an Investment Specialist to lead Orchard’s pricing and underwriting efforts in the pre-acquisition stage. You will work closely with our Real Estate team to play a key role in the valuation operations and approach to single family real estate. The ideal candidate has operational experience and strong analytical skills. This is a full time role that will report into the Manager of Investments and be based out of our growing New York, New York office.
What You’ll Do Here
- Ensure accurate underwriting of our customer’s homes by working closely with Real Estate operations teams
- Collaborate with Orchard’s Data Science, Tech, and Product teams to drive improvements in Orchard’s automated valuation model
- Develop and improve the Investments team’s training material
- Grow Orchard’s bookings, in both established and new markets, by arriving at competitive and accurate home estimates for customers
- Collaborate closely with Sales to ensure Orchard provides a strong customer experience for every customer
We’d Love to Hear From You if You Have:
- 1+ years of work experience, preferably in operations at a fast-growing technology company; Real Estate domain experience a plus
- Exceptional analytical, problem-solving, and business judgment skills
- Experience executing and building processes that are standardized and scalable
- Results orientated with tireless work ethic and an incredible attention to detail
- Low-ego and has a can-do attitude; willingness to admit mistakes and work to remedy them
- Demonstrated communication and interpersonal skills to work across diverse stakeholders and cross-functional teams
- Flexibility to prioritize deliverables and re-prioritize them at a moment’s notice
- Strong sense of self-direction. You can anticipate what needs to get done without step-by-step instructions
- Comfortable operating in an ambiguous environment where there's not a set playbook on how to solve each problem. You see ambiguity as opportunity and obstacles as opportunities to build new solutions
- A customer-centric mindset: you care about delivering an exceptional customer experience
We're proud to be recognized by Glassdoor, Inc. Magazine, Fast Company and Forbes on their lists of best places to work. We also have a 4.9 Glassdoor rating! Orchard is building the first one-stop-shop in real estate and we’re bringing together the most innovative professionals across real estate, business, marketing, technology and design. We also have some pretty great perks:
- Equity participation
- Flexible PTO
- Up to 18 weeks of paid family leave
- Employee discount on Orchard’s services
We're currently working from home until it's safe for employees to return to the office. We anticipate returning later this year and are excited to welcome people back to our offices and see one another in person. Until then, your interviews will all happen virtually. If there is anything we can do to make your process easier, don't hesitate to let us know!
Orchard is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We provide employment opportunities without regard to age, race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, disability, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, veteran status, or any other protected status in accordance with applicable law.