Orchard is radically simplifying the way people buy and sell their homes. For the average American, the home purchase and sale process takes months, creates anxiety, and is filled with uncertainty and hassle. Orchard has reimagined the end-to-end experience of buying and selling, from innovative home search tools to find the perfect home to the ability to buy a new home before selling your current one. Orchard customers manage the entire experience through a personalized online dashboard, while also getting the support of best-in-class Orchard real estate agents.
Headquartered in New York City and with offices in Austin, Denver and Atlanta, Orchard has over 200 employees and has grown 10x year over year. We have raised over $130 million in equity financing from top-tier investors including Revolution, Firstmark, Accomplice, Navitas and Juxtapose. Our investors have also backed the likes of Pinterest, AirBnb, Shopify and Sweetgreen.
About the Role
The Escrow Assistant is responsible for key functions to deliver a successful closing experience. From post-contract to close, you will be on the front lines of customer engagement where you’ll use strong problem-solving and process execution to drive outcomes. You will juggle multiple tasks with competing deadlines, easily adhere to new processes quickly and stay on top of modifications as the business evolves. No matter how big or small a task is, you will roll up your sleeves and help deliver an incredible home buying and selling experience for our customers.
This is a full time role that will report into the Manager of Title Operations and be based out of our growing Austin, Texas office.
What You’ll Do Here
- Assist with pre-close and post-close document preparation and tasks in support of the Escrow and Closing teams:
- Coordinate the collection of key documents and information from customers and external providers
- Review contracts, commitments, and orders to ensure all information is correct in preparation for the closing
- Assemble all necessary documents to prepare files and closing packages
- Manage data and document storage: transmit, scan, and file into appropriate systems
- Liaise with external partners (e.g., notaries, surveyors, HOAs) and coordinate activities critical for closing
- Work closely with the funding team to send accurate funds to correct recipients and lenders within established deadlines
We'd Love to Hear From You if You Have
- 2+ yrs of administrative experience; experience in the real estate industry is preferred (title/escrow/real estate/property management)
- Exceptional verbal and written customer service skills that help form positive relationships both internally and externally
- Confidence working with technologies (e.g. Microsoft Suite and Google Suite) and speciality software (e.g. Qualia)
- Experience mastering complex processes and contributing with the understanding of your role within a larger series of processes
- A team player mentality who subscribes to the concept of “Team Before Self”
- Appreciation for the importance of following through with timely communication to ensure the best outcomes and experience for customers
- Passion for innovation and are comfortable with change
- Organization skills and are exceptionally detail-oriented
About the Title, Escrow & Closing Team
Orchard Title is an affiliate of Orchard, fully dedicated to offering Title & Escrow services to customers to provide the most seamless, delightful closing experience possible. Orchard Title has a national footprint; we are currently in Texas, Georgia and Colorado with plans to expand to additional states in 2021.
We're proud to be recognized by Inc. Magazine, Fast Company and Forbes as one of the best workplaces of 2020. We also have a 4.9 Glassdoor rating! Orchard is building the first one-stop-shop in real estate and we’re bringing together the most innovative professionals across real estate, business, marketing, technology and design. We also have some pretty great perks:
- Equity participation
- Flexible PTO
- Up to 18 weeks of paid family leave
- Employee discount on Orchard’s services
Orchard is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We provide employment opportunities without regard to age, race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, disability, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, veteran status, or any other protected status in accordance with applicable law.