Analyst, Technology Group (New Space)
Who we are:
Orange Silicon Valley is a US subsidiary of Orange, one of the world’s leading telecommunications operators, serving more than 259 million customers across 26 countries. Orange Silicon Valley is a passionate, forward-thinking team of experts who thrive by connecting ecosystems and making innovation and technology visible, accessible and actionable for a responsible digital world. For more than 20 years, Orange Silicon Valley has been providing strategic insights to the Orange Group worldwide leveraging a unique understanding of the US market. Orange Silicon Valley is headquartered in San Francisco with a regional office in New York.
To learn more, please visit https://siliconvalley.orange.com
This is a great opportunity to help inform business strategy and develop domain expertise - initially within the New Space scope: as a new space Analyst, you will prepare and oversees preliminary space analyses and makes recommendations to fulfill these requests.
Who you are:
As a Technology Analyst, New Space working for a division of a global telecommunications company, you will be responsible for identifying and evaluating new products and technology in the subject domain. The ideal candidate is a passionate technologist who possess a ‘can do’ attitude, is experienced with writing technical and business reports, and articulating these reports to upper management and global internal/ external customers through demos and presentations.
What you'll do:
You’ll have the opportunity to work cross functionally with Marketing and communications, technology analysts, business analysts, executive leadership, and disruptive innovators, to drive investment analysis, corporate partnerships, and streamlined adoption of newer and better technology and business applications for Orange and Orange’s top customers.
- Identify disruptive innovations being developed within the Silicon Valley ecosystem and engage with key thought-leaders.
- Lead Orange into the heart of the Silicon Valley aerospace ecosystem to conduct assessments of early technology concepts and develop strategic pilot projects with a focus on space-based connectivity.
- unmanned autonomous systems, satellite networks, artificial intelligence, and the Internet of Things.
- Work closely with international strategy, corporate development, M&A, and product development teams in our business units to influence company strategy into their product lines.
- Identify, evaluate disruptive innovations that contribute to the development of high-performance space-based networks that could disrupt the terrestrial wireless industry.
- Generate partnerships and develop strategic pilot projects with startups, academia, and large corporations to help disruptive ideas come to market faster
- Advise Orange’s ventures arm and M&A on strategy and business development in the space sector and adjacent domains through technology scouting across industry segments and technical & business assessment of potential space investments.
- Engaged with space startups to build game-changing proofs of concept to demonstrate the feasibility of new services/products based on satellite applications.
- Develop frameworks for implementing partnership opportunities in orange’s core business lines. Develop effective working relationships with orange units to advocate for and receive technical, and business validation of proposed innovations.
- Demonstrate ability to not only impact the aerospace industry but also to make it work hand-in-hand with the terrestrial wireless industry towards common goals
- Follow developments in the non-business environment, such as regulatory impact, to analyze potential implications on Telco offerings.
- Conduct market intelligence, benchmarks, and develop innovative business models to advise top management on strategic topics relevant to Telcos via whitepapers and presentations.
- Understand the emerging market of low latency LEO based connectivity including direct satellite-to-mobile connectivity.
- Understand how such connectivity can be applied to various use cases across multiple industry verticals.
- Identify the right vendors/partners in the ecosystem for initiating proof of concepts
Your background and experience
You have professional industry experience gained from high tech, an interest external innovation and in identifying and promoting disruptive technologies from non-traditional sources such as entrepreneurs and academia. Ability to self-start and self-manage, working in a highly autonomous environment and reporting to a senior executive. The ideal candidate will be an entrepreneurial self-starter who prioritizes time-to-market for new and disruptive technologies. They will possess the ability to communicate complex ideas effectively, both verbally and in writing.
- Advanced Degree (MS in Computer Science, Physics, or Engineering (or equivalent), and/or MBA).
- Minimum 5 years of overall experience in which a significant amount of time was in a Technology Analyst, and Strategy Development role, with strong focus on Space technologies, or aerospace engineering.
- Minimum 2 years of experience building and maintaining technology partnership relationships, and business development.
- Experience in conducting business analysis and creating cost models
- Innovation mind-set and outstanding communication skills.
- Involvement in industry-wide initiatives and partnership, including publishing whitepapers.
- Strong engagement in the Silicon Valley ecosystem, especially with other technology analysts or the technology start-up community.
- Ability to work in an agile environment with rapid iteration, product testing, and benchmarking.
- Strong ability to handle multiple parallel initiatives.
Some business travel may be necessary
Must be physically located in California
Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States on a full-time basis
- Medical, Dental, Vision, Life Insurance, pet insurance, identity protection, FSA, HSA
- Short-term and Long-term disability
- 401(k) with company matching
- Generous PTO and ten paid company holidays
- Wellness reimbursement
- Transit commute reimbursement
- Education/tuition reimbursement program
- Mature Oocyte Cryopreservation reimbursement program
- Team-building activities, and virtual experiences
This job description is not necessarily all-inclusive, and other job duties may be assigned, and/or area(s) of focus may change according to business needs.
We collect personal information (“PI”) from you in connection with your application for employment with Orange, including the following categories of PI: identifiers, personal records, personal characteristics or traits, biometric information, internet or network activity information, geolocation data, sensory information, commercial information, professional or employment information, non-public education information, and inferences drawn from your PI. We collect your PI for our purposes, including performing services and operations related to your actual or potential employment. For additional details or if you have questions, contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org