IKE Smart City is looking for a Senior Software Engineer who enjoys being creative, empathizes with end users, and values having a voice in the direction of the product. As an integral part of the Product and Software team at IKE Smart City, you will be responsible for helping lead innovation of a platform for state-of-the-art interactive kiosks in over 10 cities and growing. IKE connects cities with people through vivid, life-size touchscreen displays, providing a suite of software apps that aims to make lives better by bringing not only the essence of the city, but also critical social services and communication to pedestrian’s fingertips. Your work will be used by tens of thousands every day. The quality of IKE and OBM’s work in the industry is a brand differentiator, and software engineering is critical to the company’s ability to secure new city agreements and add public value for pedestrians with each kiosk installation.
Learn more about IKE and Orange Barrel Media’s impact in cities at www.orangebarrelmedia.com/cities-art-and-community/ and www.orangebarrelmedia.com/obm-arts/.
- The Software Team designs, develops, and is responsible for:
- IKE’s nationwide kiosk platform
- IKE’s CMS platform used by city partners and internal teams
- Automation and infrastructure that allows scaling the platform to thousands of units across the country.
- Our Tech Stack
- Kiosks: Ubuntu Linux
- Back-end: Ruby on Rails, PostgreSQL, Redis
- Front-end: React and React Native
- Infrastructure: Heroku, AWS
- Misc: GitHub
- As part of the Product and Software organization, we enjoy collaborating cross-functionally and define the “what” as well as the “how” together.
- We are actively involved with both IKE hardware and software planning.
- We operate in teams that are empowered to own, present decisions, and track results for projects, partnering with Product, Design, Operations, and Sales from the early stages.
- Value automation and code tidiness on a small team.
- Familiar with building larger scale software systems and share a desire to learn what we don’t know at a growing company.
- Understand the software stack, but we are also a diverse team with specialties and interests in different aspects.
- Comfortable leading meetings in a cross-functional setting, and acting as team point to resolve bugs, explain technical or complex scenarios, or supporting other departments with requirement clarity.
- Willing to jump in on code reviews and provide additional conversation on pull requests.
- Excited to translate business goals and product needs into technical requirements with minimal supervision.
- Support for continuing professional development including tooling, books, training, conferences, etc.
- Due to the nature of software engineering work, a flexible “work-from” practice when applicable.
- Incentive plan based on company profitability
- Vacation we encourage you to take. Get outside, disconnect, be happy and healthy.
- Medical/Dental/Vision insurance
- Short-term/long-term disability and life insurance
- 401(k) with employer matching
- Expense account
Orange Barrel Media creates and operates iconic urban media displays that advertisers ask for by name in 19 of the top markets in the U.S. Our commitment to innovation has differentiated OBM as a leader in the Out-of-Home industry and driven the development of our sister company, IKE Smart City, a company that is blazing the way in smart city initiatives with our interactive digital kiosk, IKE. We are widely known as a place where people are inspired to achieve success, genuinely like each other, and have endless opportunities to grow. We value our associates and have created an environment of inclusion, respect, and fun. We hire and reward top-notch talent who contribute to our unique culture and shared vision. OBM and IKE Smart City are experiencing momentous growth, almost tripling in size over the past two years, and we start and end each day excited about the work we do together and the new challenges ahead. Learn more at www.orangebarrelmedia.com and www.ikesmartcity.com.
OBM is an equal-opportunity employer, and provides competitive salary/incentive compensation and benefits, 401k match, and expense account.