Experience: 5+ years of accounting experience (2+ years’ experience as an Assistant Controller or higher preferred)
Since our founding in 2004, Orange Barrel Media has pioneered a community-oriented model of outdoor media development and is now nationally recognized by cities and real estate owners alike seeking to implement best-in-class programs that add to the character of urban places. OBM has pioneered zoning changes allowing spectacular signage in sixteen markets (and growing), including Los Angeles, Boston, Washington, DC, Atlanta, Denver and other high barrier-to-entry markets. OBM is a leader in smart city infrastructure, launching the IKE interactive kiosk platform in concert with cities across the United States. In the advertising community, OBM is widely recognized as the owner of the highest impact and most memorable advertising locations in the cities where it operates, and OBM displays are consistently selected as the centerpiece of clients’ outdoor advertising campaigns. Our lasered focus has allowed us to create value for three main constituencies – cities, real estate owners, and advertisers, where we are setting a new paradigm in what we call Landmark Advertising. Learn more at www.orangebarrelmedia.com.
Orange Barrel Media is looking for an experienced accounting professional to join our team. The Controller oversees all aspects of the accounting organization including financial statements, internal controls, payroll, tax compliance, and guidance to the accounting team for Orange Barrel Media and its subsidiaries. This role reports directly to the Chief Operating Officer.
WHAT YOU’LL DO
- Manage, develop, and guide a team of four direct reports including an Assistant Controller, two Staff Accountants, and an Office Administrator, daily.
- Preparation of monthly consolidated financial statements for OBM on a timely basis.
- Review and approve monthly financial statements for all subsidiaries.
- Review monthly trial balance and balance sheet reconciliations.
- Review of monthly financial reporting and payments to landlords.
- Establish and maintain financial policies, procedures, and controls.
- Assess current accounting operations, offering recommendations for continuous improvement, and implementing new processes.
- Provide guidance and support in all areas of the Accounting Department operations, including accounts payable, billings & collections, and payroll.
- Ensure finance data is complete, accurate, and timely in the software platforms utilized by the organization.
- Support initiatives, such as software and systems implementation and other finance continuous improvements or organization improvements, with research, planning, and implementation, as required.
- Preparation of budgets and forecasts.
- Preparation of sales commission reports.
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned to support the Accounting/Finance Department.
- 5+ years of accounting experience (2+ years’ experience as an Assistant Controller or higher preferred).
- Certified Public Accountant with public auditing experience.
- Bachelors’ Degree in Accounting, Finance, Tax or Business.
- Ability to function in a multi – entity environment and work as one entity.
- Self-starter that thrives in a changing and dynamic environment.
- Strong analytical skills with an attention to detail and a dedication to accuracy and deadlines.
- A sense of urgency and a high desire to continuously improve processes is critical.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office 365.
OBM is an equal-opportunity employer, and provides competitive salary/incentive compensation and benefits, 401k match, and expense account.