Orange Barrel Media creates and operates iconic urban media displays that advertisers ask for by name in 20 of the top markets in the U.S. Since our founding in 2004, OBM has pioneered a community-oriented model of outdoor media development and is now nationally recognized by cities and real estate owners alike seeking to implement best-in-class programs that add to the character of urban places. To this end, OBM has pioneered zoning changes allowing spectacular signage in several markets (and growing), including Los Angeles, Boston, Washington, DC, Atlanta, Denver and other high barrier-to-entry markets. In the advertising community, OBM is widely recognized as the owner of the highest impact and most memorable advertising locations in the cities where it operates, and OBM displays are consistently selected as the centerpiece of clients’ outdoor advertising campaigns.
The OBM team is also a leader in smart city infrastructure, launching the interactive kiosk experience (“IKE”) platform in concert with cities across the United States through the company IKE Smart City. IKE is a breakthrough citizen engagement platform that helps cities communicate with the public, improve the pedestrian experience, and tell the story of their city. Our commitment to innovation and ongoing investment in software development has created the true smart city hub: a multi-lingual, open, and flexible platform with integrated features, functions, services, and resources that provide cities and the public with everything they need to navigate their city, all in one place. The core tenants of the IKE platform are public benefit and social equity, two values that we seek to maximize in every IKE market through the formation of public-private partnerships that achieve city objectives, exceed community expectations and build smart cities.
The Development Manager supports the Development Director, whose primary objective is to increase the number of large format signs and IKE kiosks throughout the country. This includes working closely with the Director to secure deals with private property owners and quasi-governmental institutions for the placement of signs and permits for operation in cities where outdoor advertising may not otherwise be permissible. The successful candidate will be organized, deadline driven, imaginative, and passionate about building relationships. He or she will also be interested in urban design, politics, marketing, advertising, technology, and travel. The candidate must be willing to travel on an ad hoc basis as needed to assigned markets across the country. Travel may be unpredictable. The Company presents an opportunity to thrive in an extraordinarily fast-paced and entrepreneurial culture.
WHAT YOU’LL DO
- The Development Department has primary responsibility for growing OBM’s portfolio of assets by identifying new opportunities for spectacular signage and IKE kiosks, securing leases for operation, and working with municipal officials to obtain permits. The Manager’s role will be defined by:
- Understanding IKE siting criteria and identifying sites for placement of IKE kiosks
- Engaging with IKE-adjacent property owners, including developing and presenting opportunities for collaboration to merchants associations and other small businesses
- Act as primary contact for city partners regarding the IKE business, including training city partners on IKE content management system, analytics system, and process for delivering kiosks from permitting, to installation, to continued content and asset management
- Developing and maintening relationships with city staff to ensure timely release of construction permits
- Developing and maintaining key relationships with quasi-government institutions including business improvement districts, specialty improvement districts and destination marketing organizations to ensure timely project implementation and client satisfaction for both IKE and large format outdoor media assets
- Driving projects forward through cross-funcitonal communication across departments and external stakeholders
- Suggesting creative solutions for navigating complex regulatory environments
- The Development Manager will work closely with Development Directors to meet the following objectives:
- Track lease agreement expiration and other deadlines to initiate renewal negotiations as necessary
- Develop presentation materials for pitches to property owners, elected officials, and city staff, and assist in presentation delivery as needed
- Manage communications with property owners and regualtors to ensure that contractual obligations are tracked, delegated, and fulfilled
- Collaborate with Sales Dept. to help forecast new asset live dates and prepare sales materials
- Collaborate with Operations Dept. to ensure timely construction and launch of new assets
- Strengthens OBM’s relationships with landlords and other partners through proactive communication and relationship building
- Bachelors Degree
- Project management experience a plus
- Minimum of two-years’ work experience (preferably in a related field such as real estate/finance, public policy or law)
- Candidates are not required to have experience in media, advertising, or real estate but all candidates must be eager learn about the out of home advertising industry.
OBM is an equal-opportunity employer, and provides competitive salary/incentive compensation and benefits, 401k match, expense account, free lunch daily and a fun and fast paced team-oriented environment.