Optoro is a fast-growing tech company that is revolutionizing the retail industry.
Every year, more than 15% of retail goods are returned or simply never sell.
This creates tons of unnecessary waste and costs retailers billions. We provide a technology solution that keeps these items out of landfills and connects them to their best use, increasing recovery value, giving consumers great deals, and reducing environmental waste.
Our Mission is to champion the world's returned and excess goods, create unmatched value, and power the future of sustainable commerce.
Backed by some of the top investors in the country, including Kleiner Perkins and Revolution Growth, Optoro is powered by its collaborative, unconventional, and resourceful employees. We are looking for individuals with similar creativity and energy to help build a lasting company focused on the triple bottom line.
The Manager, Talent & Culture is responsible for delivering exceptional human resources service to Optoro’s employees and candidates. Reporting to the Director, Talent & Culture, this high-impact position will own the recruitment function, including researching and identifying top talent, cultivating relationships, and representing Optoro to potential candidates during a high growth phase for the company. The Manager will also own and direct the experience for the entire employee life cycle, inclusive of promotions, transfers, and offboarding.
Duties and responsibilities
- Own all phases of the recruitment process including, but not limited to, sourcing best talent, conducting effective and insightful screenings, making candidate recommendations to hiring managers, coordinating the interview process, managing the internal referral program, extending offers, closing candidates, and ensuring a positive candidate experience.
- Serve as the main point of contact for candidates throughout the interview process, respond to candidate questions, provide updates on next steps in the process, and promote Optoro as an employer of choice
- Attend networking events to promote the Optoro brand and identify new candidate pools
- Evaluate and maintain hiring processes, implementing changes when necessary to ensure efficiency
- Develop a critical eye for appropriate candidates by fully understanding the unique needs of the hiring managers and conducting comprehensive interviews that test for the right attributes
- Maintain the integrity of the applicant tracking database and serve as the expert for team; work closely with Senior Director in creating metric driven recruiting competency
- Lead compliance for the recruiting and onboarding function, including FLSA coordination, independent contractor management, company job descriptions, and I-9 management
- Conduct data analysis and use data to drive decisions related to the recruiting function
- Provide support to the business, answering employee and manager questions about human resources programs, benefits, policies and other items
- Assist in other talent-related projects and programs as requested
- Bachelor's Degree
- 3-6 years of experience in human resources, with start-up experience preferred
- Superior verbal and written communication skills, with an emphasis on tact and diplomacy
- Proven ability to consistently and positively contribute in a high-paced environment
- A very high degree of personal integrity including the ability to manage sensitive or confidential information
- Proven ability to manage self to goals and deadline
- Client-service orientation with a strong focus on delivering exceptional customer service
- Strong interpersonal, teamwork and organizational skills
Optoro is an equal opportunity employer.