Optoro is a fast-growing tech company that is revolutionizing the retail industry.
Every year, more than 15% of retail goods are returned or simply never sell.
This creates tons of unnecessary waste and costs retailers billions. We provide a technology solution that keeps these items out of landfills and connects them to their best use, increasing recovery value, giving consumers great deals, and reducing environmental waste.
Our Mission is to champion the world's returned and excess goods, create unmatched value, and power the future of sustainable commerce.
Backed by some of the top investors in the country, including Kleiner Perkins and Revolution Growth, Optoro is powered by its collaborative, unconventional, and resourceful employees. We are looking for individuals with similar creativity and energy to help build a lasting company focused on the triple bottom line.
Manager, Human Resources
Reporting to the Director, Talent & Culture, the Manager, Human Resources plans, develops, and administers compensation and benefit programs as well as other key HR systems to be competitive, sustainable, scalable, and make a positive impact on the short- and long-term performance of the company. This position is responsible for ensuring company compensation, benefit programs and all talent related policies are consistently administered in compliance with best practices and government regulations. The Human Resources Manager will also play a crucial role in scaling key HR practices in a high growth company, including owning the performance management and offboarding processes and streamlining HRIS administration.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Plan and execute annual open enrollment through collaboration with benefits brokers, ensuring that benefits are in line with the company’s strategic plans while also being attractive and competitive for employees
- Working with company counsel, serve as subject matter expert, refine company employment policies and processes, and conduct regular analysis / audits to ensure compliance with ERISA, EEO, ADA, FMLA, Workers Compensation, ACA, OSHA, FLSA, COBRA, etc
- Working with company counsel, ensure compliance by monitoring and implementing applicable human resource federal and state requirements; maintain and audit employee file records; process verification of employment and unemployment claims
- Collaborate with the Payroll and Accounting teams to ensure accuracy in compensation, new hire processing, employee exits and benefit changes
- Engage with employees on benefits questions; serve as the main point of contact to managers on leave and compliance questions
- Lead immigration and visa processes on behalf of the company
- Manage FMLA, Short Term Disability, salary continuation, and personal leave programs in compliance with all statutory regulations and company policies
- Act as the main point of contact for HRIS maintenance and reporting and conduct regular audits to ensure data accuracy
- Project manage the employee exit processes in collaboration with the Payroll, Tech, and Office Operations teams
- Manage the annual compensation planning processes, including base pay market pricing, bonus, and merit administration, and assist the Director, Talent & Culture in preparing Board documents related to the Compensation Committee
- Drive the performance management and goal setting processes to ensure consistency in evaluation and incentive payments
- Perform other human resources and talent related duties as needed
- Bachelor's Degree
- 6-8 years of experience in benefits, human resources, and compliance
- Experience in leveraging total rewards initiatives to support the overall business goals
- Demonstrated expertise in the design, funding, compliance, administration, and communication of employee benefits (health and welfare, 401(k), etc.) and compensation programs
- Knowledge of regulatory and legislative developments governing benefit plans (ACA, ERISA, COBRA, HIPAA, etc.)
- Experience owning and managing vendor/broker relationships
- Advanced Excel skills (i.e. pivot tables, V-lookup, formulas, etc.); proficient at Access, Word, PowerPoint, Google documents and other applications
- Ability to blend compensation philosophy, world-class compensation methods/programs, and business realities
- Experience working closely with HRIS/payroll and legal to know the required record keeping, legislative, and tax implications of rewards programs; knowledge of HRIS and payroll systems.
- Strong communication skills; comfortable liaising with and building relationships with various stakeholders including the staff, leadership team, office visitors, clients, investors, and board members
- Exceptional organizational skills that reflect ability to perform and prioritize multiple tasks seamlessly with excellent attention to detail
- Demonstrated proactive approaches to problem-solving with strong decision-making capability
- Self-starter who is able to work both independently and on a team
- Warmth, humble mentality, resourcefulness, impeccable judgement and ability to maintain confidentiality
Optoro is an equal opportunity employer.