Optoro is a fast-growing technology company that is revolutionizing the retail industry. Every year, more than 15% of retail goods are returned or simply never sell. This creates tons of unnecessary waste and costs retailers billions.
Our mission is to make retail more sustainable by eliminating all waste from returns. Our technology platform connects a seamless online returns experience with efficient supply chain processing and best in class reCommerce, so that retailers can improve outcomes across all points of the returns lifecycle.
Backed by some of the top investors in the country - including Kleiner Perkins, Revolution Growth, and UPS - Optoro is powered by its collaborative, unconventional, and resourceful employees who love solving big problems. We are looking for individuals with similar creativity and energy to help build a lasting company focused on the triple bottom line.
We are looking to add a Director, Sales to our growing team to help capitalize on the rapidly rising demand of our enterprise software solution. Reporting directly to the SVP of Sales, the Director, Sales will be responsible for prospect evaluation, coverage and development across a portfolio of net new SMB & Mid-Market accounts. We are looking for a hunter with an entrepreneurial approach to solving business issues as well as a strong background in selling solution based software in the Retail Brands, e-commerce or supply chain industries.
The Director, Sales will be given quotas and new client acquisition targets, and will be a part of a team supporting lead generation and deal closing efforts for SMB & Mid-Market Retail Brands. The successful candidate will be motivated by a passion for our client’s success, achieving quota goals, and driving large software and service deals.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Work creatively with the greater client development team to identify, cultivate, pursue, negotiate and close new opportunities within a given account portfolio
- Quickly become a product and returns market expert that can hold and maintain C/SVP/VP Level relationships
- Analytical skills to guide business case quantification, creation and delivery to prospective clients
- Achieve assigned territory quota for signings and revenue plans
- Research territory and assigned accounts to identify market opportunities and buying trends
- Develop and maintain relationships with appropriate key target client executives to identify needs, educate, and influence solution strategy
- Properly qualify accounts to maximize an efficient sales cycle
- Develop win plans and strategies for key opportunities
- Develop and deliver custom sales presentations and demonstrations that influence strategy
- Work with the greater business development team to pull strategic accounts forward
- Choreograph and conduct on-site assessments of customer requirements and needs
- Accurately forecast and maintain accurate records in SFDC
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience required
- 5+ years of SMB and/or Mid-Market solution sales experience, preferably within consumer electronics, e-commerce, or supply chain industries along with consistent record of successful achievement of $1M+ quotas in green field accounts
- Proven client relationship management experience, including experience building pipeline and the ability to close transactions with prominent business executives at all levels
- A track record of success in “solution selling”, contracting, and delivering complex, multi-year, multi-product client engagements
- Ability to work collaboratively and independently in a highly matrixed environment
- An entrepreneurial mindset and practice
- Willingness to travel up to 50% annually
- Location: Washington DC, Metro (Open to remote in United States)
- Competitive base salary, benefits and equity plans
- Flexible paid time off
- Volunteer paid time off
- Perks for Parks Program
- Summer Fridays
- Health, dental, vision, and life insurance
- 401k match
- Sabbatical at 5 and 10 year anniversary
- Outside learning opportunities for career development
- Opportunity to work with people who are passionate about what they do and also like to have fun
Optoro is an equal opportunity employer.