Optoro is a fast-growing technology company that is revolutionizing the retail industry. Every year, more than 15% of retail goods are returned or simply never sell. This creates tons of unnecessary waste and costs retailers billions.
Our mission is to make retail more sustainable by eliminating all waste from returns. Our technology platform connects a seamless online returns experience with efficient supply chain processing and best in class reCommerce, so that retailers can improve outcomes across all points of the returns lifecycle.
Backed by some of the top investors in the country - including Kleiner Perkins, Revolution Growth, and UPS - Optoro is powered by its collaborative, unconventional, and resourceful employees who love solving big problems. We are looking for individuals with similar creativity and energy to help build a lasting company focused on the triple bottom line.
The Senior Director, Marketing creates, executes, and guides Optoro’s go-to-market strategy and product marketing efforts. This person supervises the daily operations of the marketing team and provides subject matter expertise across the marketing disciplines.
- Plan and execute Optoro’s go-to-market strategy: lead and oversee the creation of the positioning, messaging, naming, pricing, and competitive analysis for Optoro’s reverse logistics solutions.
- Lead the product marketing team in developing new, compelling content (e.g., sales presentations, collateral, product videos, case studies etc.) to articulate the value of Oproto’s solutions.
- Continuously deepen market knowledge including emerging trends and competitive landscape.
- Support or participate in sales demos that showcase Optoro’s solutions to prospects, press, and analysts.
- Lead quarterly sales kick off events and training as needed.
- Educate employees and internal teams on the importance of understanding return shoppers and retail customers, their motivations, the buyer’s journey, and the return shopper and retailer life cycle.
- Create comprehensive case studies that best position Optoro with potential clients.
- Conduct purposeful and methodical win/loss analysis, and apply findings of analysis to the product strategy to help increase marketing effectiveness, boost sales productivity, and foster strategic organizational alignment.
Marketing Implementation & Management
- Direct day-to-day activities of the marketing team to successfully reach milestones and deadlines.
- Oversee the implementation of Optoro’s marketing efforts, including the following: brand marketing, events-based marketing, public relations, lead generation marketing, account-based marketing, content marketing, and product marketing.
- Report updates and results of marketing activities and product marketing campaigns to internal stakeholders (sales, product etc.) on a cadence that aligns with the project or initiative (weekly, biweekly, monthly).
- Ensure the marketing budget set by the SVP, Design & Marketing is allocated properly to conserve resources while attaining goals.
- Ensure direct-reports have the information, knowledge and training necessary to be successful in their roles.
- Develop and manage mutually agreed growth development goals/expectations with direct reports that are aligned with company priorities and performance cycles.
- Hire, develop, and retain a team in support of Optoro’s overall marketing goals and values.
- Support the SVP of Marketing & Design in the creation of Optoro’s overall marketing strategy and vision. Provide insights and recommendations.
- Contribute to discussions regarding marketing strategy and execution with members of the senior leadership team.
- Support the execution of the marketing strategy set by the SVP of Marketing & Design.
- Measure results through data analysis, and analyze and improve the execution process on a consistent basis.
- Execute on marketing strategy to enable revenue/lead generation.
- 8+ years of product marketing experience focused on B2B enterprise software and SaaS/Cloud products
- 4+ years of management experience leading and developing an agile marketing team
- Proven track record of successful campaigns and product launches
- A highly collaborative leader, with a proven ability to drive influence cross-functionally at all levels of the organization: a team player!
- Proven experience managing vendor relationships
- Demonstrated analytical and creative thinking
- B.A./B.S. degree in marketing, business, or a similar area of study preferred
- Experience in the retail or financial technology industry
- High level of business acumen
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced, “get it done,” entrepreneurial environment
- Hybrid preferred
- Competitive base salary, benefits and equity plans
- Flexible paid time off
- Volunteer paid time off
- Perks for Parks Program
- Summer Fridays
- Health, dental, vision, and life insurance
- 401k match
- Sabbatical at 5 and 10 year anniversary
- Outside learning opportunities for career development
- Opportunity to work with people who are passionate about what they do and also like to have fun
Optoro is an equal opportunity employer.