Optoro is a fast-growing technology company that is revolutionizing retail. Every year, more than 15% of retail goods are returned or simply never sell. This creates tons of unnecessary waste and costs retailers billions.
Our mission is to eliminate all waste from returns. Our technology platform connects every returned item to its best home, thereby increasing profitability for retailers, giving consumers great deals, and reducing environmental waste. Backed by some of the top investors in the country - including Kleiner Perkins, Revolution Growth, and UPS - Optoro is powered by its collaborative, unconventional, and resourceful employees who love solving big problems. We are looking for individuals with similar creativity and energy to help build a lasting company focused on the triple bottom line.
The Analytics team is dedicated to delivering data-driven insights and strategic guidance across Optoro. As a business intelligence developer on this team you will be expected to lead efforts to build dashboards, data visualizations, and insights products for both internal and external stakeholders. The mission-critical data products you architect and create will transform the way we communicate information at Optoro, and help fundamentally shape how we utilize data to make returns better for customers, retailers, and the planet.
- Designing, implementing, and maintaining enterprise-grade reporting dashboards to help both internal and external stakeholders understand the value of our platform
- Acting as Optoro’s SME for reporting and data visualization best practices, including advancing our reporting technologies and keeping up with industry standards
- Partnering with other data team members (data analysts, analytics engineers, etc.) to build out a sustainable, high-quality data and reporting ecosystem using tools like SQL & dbt
- Building wireframes, authoring documentation, and supporting stakeholder training around how to extract the maximum value from our reporting solutions
- Strong analytics & data storytelling experience:
- 3+ years of experience in a quantitative field such as Business Intelligence, Data Analytics / Science, Computer Science, Statistics, Mathematics, Economics, or similar subjects
- A track record of independently developing and maintaining executive-facing data visualizations that effectively convey the value of products and services
- Robust, well-reasoned opinions on dashboard design and documentation best practices
- Proven competency in taking loosely defined product requirements and translating them into project success criteria
- Excellent technical skills:
- Expertise in at least one BI / data visualization tool - ideally Looker or Tableau
- Proficiency with SQL to extract structured and unstructured data from data warehouses
- Experience with distributed version control systems (ex. GitLab, GitHub)
- Prior ownership of BI tool administration across their organization
- Bonus: experience developing data models using dbt (Data Build Tool)
- Top-tier communication skills:
- Extensive experience communicating quantitative concepts to non-quantitative audiences
- Understanding of how to navigate conflicting priorities across different teams within the company
All new employees at Optoro will be required to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 prior to commencing employment. Employees will be required to produce proof of vaccination status prior to their first day of employment. Optoro will evaluate requests for reasonable accommodations for applicants unable to be vaccinated due to a religious belief or medical circumstance on an individual basis in compliance with applicable laws.
Optoro is an equal opportunity employer.