Optoro is a fast-growing technology company that is revolutionizing the retail industry. Every year, more than 15% of retail goods are returned or simply never sell. This creates tons of unnecessary waste and costs retailers billions.
Our mission is to make retail more sustainable by eliminating all waste from returns. Our technology platform connects a seamless online returns experience with efficient supply chain processing and best in class reCommerce, so that retailers can improve outcomes across all points of the returns lifecycle.
Backed by some of the top investors in the country - including Kleiner Perkins, Revolution Growth, and UPS - Optoro is powered by its collaborative, unconventional, and resourceful employees who love solving big problems. We are looking for individuals with similar creativity and energy to help build a lasting company focused on the triple bottom line.
With the guidance of Senior and Staff QEs on their team, the Associate Quality Engineer is responsible for testing Optoro’s sites and applications using a wide range of both manual and automated tools and processes. You will collaborate with other QEs, SDETs, Engineers, and Product teams to track down bugs in our software, reduce risk, and deliver products that meet our needs and add value for our clients.
- Plan and execute manual test cases to identify bugs and issues
- Ensure exit criteria are met
- Risk Assess releases and deployments
- Log bugs, work with engineers to confirm, resolve, and retest fixes
- Confirm and pinpoint issues reported by both internal and external users
- Document and communicate test coverage, test progress, and risk levels within each sprint
- With support from senior QEs, execute, maintain and improve our automated test suite
- Must Have
- 1-2 years of experience in software testing
- Proven experience as a software tester, or in a similar role
- Solid analytical skills and a problem-solving approach
- A meticulous eye for detail
- Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills, including the ability to communicate effectively across both technical and non-technical teams
- Nice to Have
- Experience with test automation tools
- Experience with Agile, Ruby, and Cypress
- CAST, ISTQB, or comparable certification
- A Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or a related field
All new employees at Optoro will be required to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 prior to commencing employment. Employees will be required to produce proof of vaccination status prior to their first day of employment. Optoro will evaluate requests for reasonable accommodations for applicants unable to be vaccinated due to a religious belief or medical circumstance on an individual basis in compliance with applicable laws.
Optoro is an equal opportunity employer.