Optoro is a fast-growing technology company that is revolutionizing the retail industry. Every year, more than 15% of retail goods are returned or simply never sell. This creates tons of unnecessary waste and costs retailers billions.
Our mission is to make retail more sustainable by eliminating all waste from returns. Our technology platform connects a seamless online returns experience with efficient supply chain processing and best in class reCommerce, so that retailers can improve outcomes across all points of the returns lifecycle.
Backed by some of the top investors in the country - including Kleiner Perkins, Revolution Growth, and UPS - Optoro is powered by its collaborative, unconventional, and resourceful employees who love solving big problems. We are looking for individuals with similar creativity and energy to help build a lasting company focused on the triple bottom line.
As a Senior Software Engineer, you work with a wide range of technologies in order to deliver business value to our organization. You have deep expertise using one or more web development frameworks (front-end or back-end) to develop dynamic and responsive web applications. You have experience optimizing and scaling existing web applications to handle hundreds of thousands or millions of requests in a short period of time. You value thoughtfully designed code, and you balance that against real-world business constraints. You are creative, and enjoy taking initiative to seek out and solve problems.
- Programming using best practices using a variety of web development technologies.
- Deploying, supporting, and maintaining web applications throughout all parts of the SDLC.
- Writing comprehensive unit and integration tests.
- Reviewing code and providing technical feedback.
- Working with Product Management and other developers on the team to design practical solutions to meet business needs.
- Discovering existing problems that need to be solved and working with the stakeholders to get them prioritized correctly.
- 5+ years of experience as a web application developer.
- Prior hands-on experience developing web applications with widely used front-end or back-end frameworks (i.e. Ruby on Rails, Python/Django, VueJS).
- Comfortable working in an agile environment.
- Superior knowledge of multiple layers in a typical web stack.
- Willingness to learn new technologies, tools, and frameworks in order to make pragmatic choices when building software.
- Experience working effectively as part of a remote team.
- Experience working with Google Cloud Platform (GCP)
- Prior experience writing and deploying code within a service-oriented architecture.
- Experience deploying, monitoring, and maintaining web applications on Kubernetes.
- Prior experience with Ruby or Ruby on Rails.
Optoro is an equal opportunity employer.