Optoro is a fast-growing technology company that is revolutionizing retail. Every year, more than 15% of retail goods are returned or simply never sell. This creates tons of unnecessary waste and costs retailers billions.
Our mission is to eliminate all waste from returns. Our technology platform connects every returned item to its best home, thereby increasing profitability for retailers, giving consumers great deals, and reducing environmental waste. Backed by some of the top investors in the country - including Kleiner Perkins, Revolution Growth, and UPS - Optoro is powered by its collaborative, unconventional, and resourceful employees who love solving big problems. We are looking for individuals with similar creativity and energy to help build a lasting company focused on the triple bottom line.
You will report into the Senior Director of Data & Analytics as a member of the Analytics team.
What Constitutes Success In The Role?
To be successful in this role, you must:
- Take broad, open-ended questions and identify clear steps for how to break them down and develop data-driven answers
- Deliver actionable data-driven insights and recommendations to stakeholders at Optoro
- Extract, process, and analyze vast amounts of data using technologies such as SQL, Tableau, and Excel
- Communicate and work closely with members of Optoro’s product and data departments
- Champion the merits of analytical thinking and data-driven analysis throughout Optoro
This role will be responsible for:
- Performing statistical analysis to surface underlying trends in our performance and devising data-driven strategies to further optimize that performance
- Designing, implementing, and analyzing experiments that test new features aimed at improving our product suite
- Crafting and delivering performance monitoring dashboards that guide our understanding of how the business is performing today and where it may go next
- Responding to the changing priorities of the business and bringing forth innovative solutions to solve its most difficult problems
Requirements for the Role
- Strong quantitative-reasoning abilities:
- 3+ years of experience in a quantitative field such as Data Analytics / Science, Computer Science, Statistics, Mathematics, Economics, or similar subjects
- Proven competency in taking loosely defined business questions and translating them into testable hypotheses
- Specific experience leveraging a broad set of quantitative techniques ranging from basic arithmetic to complex algorithm development and predictive modeling
- Proven track record of delivering value to organizations through data-driven research and analysis
- Excellent technical skills:
- Proficiency in SQL and at least one data visualization tool (Tableau, Looker, etc.)
- Capable of manipulating large datasets in Excel
- Experience extracting data from relational (PostgreSQL, SQL Server, etc.) and non-relational databases (Snowflake, MongoDB, etc.)
- Bonus if you have experience manipulating and analyzing data in Python (Pandas, NumPy, Sklearn, etc.)
- Top-tier communication skills:
- Extensive experience communicating quantitative concepts to non-quantitative audiences
- Demonstrated capability extracting necessary information from meetings and written communications
- Understanding of how to navigate conflicting priorities across different teams within the company
All new employees at Optoro will be required to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 prior to commencing employment. Employees will be required to produce proof of vaccination status prior to their first day of employment. Optoro will evaluate requests for reasonable accommodations for applicants unable to be vaccinated due to a religious belief or medical circumstance on an individual basis in compliance with applicable laws.
Optoro is an equal opportunity employer.