Optoro is a fast-growing technology company that is revolutionizing the retail industry. Every year, more than 15% of retail goods are returned or simply never sell. This creates tons of unnecessary waste and costs retailers billions.
Our mission is to make retail more sustainable by eliminating all waste from returns. Our technology platform connects a seamless online returns experience with efficient supply chain processing and best in class reCommerce, so that retailers can improve outcomes across all points of the returns lifecycle.
Backed by some of the top investors in the country - including Kleiner Perkins, Revolution Growth, and UPS - Optoro is powered by its collaborative, unconventional, and resourceful employees who love solving big problems. We are looking for individuals with similar creativity and energy to help build a lasting company focused on the triple bottom line.
The Manager, Professional Services will work closely with members of the Professional Services team to deliver stellar implementation and project management services to clients. You will establish credibility internally and externally with your supply chain and consulting knowledge to serve some of the largest retailers and brands. As a hands-on team member, you will lead the implementation activities of work streams to ensure timely and successful launches of our software platform. You will collaborate with clients, sales, product management, and software development teams to deliver technical solutions that solve some of the most complex and challenging returns management and reverse logistics issues for our clients. Your efforts will contribute to Optoro’s mission to make retail more sustainable by eliminating waste from returns. In this role, you’ll have the opportunity to implement solutions that help retailers keep their products out of landfills and send them to their next best homes. By enabling retailers to efficiently resell, donate, or recycle their products, you will take part in enabling Optoro’s clients to drive toward a circular economy.
Deliver Extraordinary Results for Software Implementations
- Manage the end-to-end implementation of Optoro’s software through all project phases from Kick-Off and Design to Deployment and Stabilization
- Develop, maintain, and continuously improve client facing implementation templates and project plans
- Work with our pre-sales and product management teams to ensure projects are properly scoped and can be delivered successfully to the client
- Support project financials, including implementation fees forecasting and budget tracking against project timelines
- Support detailed solution and operational process scoping sessions with clients for technology implementations, including facilitating planning workshops and defining functional requirements with technical teams
- Collaborate with client and internal stakeholders to set business goals, identify appropriate resources, track and report on progress and develop schedules
- Assess risks, anticipate bottlenecks, balance trade-offs, and encourage risk-taking to maximize business value
- Provide critical issue management to internal and external stakeholders
- Support the training team for on-site implementations in clients’ warehouses and stores including setup, monitoring, and troubleshooting during installation period
- Communicate and interact with many client partners; establish credibility with client partners and develop “trusted advisor” status with client peers
- Simultaneously manage work streams across multiple active client-facing projects at a time; seamlessly coordinate and mobilize resources from internal cross-functional groups
- Set up client account settings and software configurations consistent with program design and commercial structure, resulting in on-time and error-free program launches
Improve and Expand Project Management Office
- Work within Professional Services to maintain and build out PMO capabilities, including project financials, implementation playbook repository, and implementation guides with a continuous feedback loop
- Articulate, contextualize, and champion project management best practices across multiple clients to continuously improve Optoro’s implementation playbook
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience
- Enterprise software experience required; supply chain experience strongly preferred
- 2-7 years working with clients in a consulting capacity, experience with project and change management; background in retail preferred
- Background in Agile project management preferred; PMP certification appreciated
- Experience in integration management noteworthy
- Proficient in Microsoft Office with strong skills in Excel, PowerPoint, Project, Word, and Visio
- Willingness to travel for extended periods to client locations, up to 50% of time.
- Exceptional communication and presentation skills; strong listening skills; demonstrated ability to ask effective questions
- Exemplary critical-thinking skills, attention to detail and ability to perform tasks with a high degree of accuracy
- Ability to simplify difficult situations into pragmatic solutions while maintaining client satisfaction
- Ability to handle multiple tasks and assume responsibility for quality results with minimal supervision
- Thrive in a dynamic, fluid team environment and able to deal with ambiguity
- Energetic and highly dependable with solid organizational skills
All new employees at Optoro will be required to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 prior to commencing employment. Employees will be required to produce proof of vaccination status prior to their first day of employment. Optoro will evaluate requests for reasonable accommodations for applicants unable to be vaccinated due to a religious belief or medical circumstance on an individual basis in compliance with applicable laws.
Optoro is an equal opportunity employer.