Optoro is a fast-growing technology company that is revolutionizing the retail industry. Every year, more than 15% of retail goods are returned or simply never sell. This creates tons of unnecessary waste and costs retailers billions.
Our mission is to make retail more sustainable by eliminating all waste from returns. Our technology platform connects a seamless online returns experience with efficient supply chain processing and best in class reCommerce, so that retailers can improve outcomes across all points of the returns lifecycle.
Backed by some of the top investors in the country - including Kleiner Perkins, Revolution Growth, and UPS - Optoro is powered by its collaborative, unconventional, and resourceful employees who love solving big problems. We are looking for individuals with similar creativity and energy to help build a lasting company focused on the triple bottom line.
Senior Product Manager
You will work closely with senior members of the company to craft the product vision for our Returns Experience offering; and with engineers, designers, and data scientists to build solutions that change the world of returns. This position is ideal for entrepreneurial candidates with 5+ years of product management experience who want to be part of a high-growth startup.
- Conduct market research and synthesize findings to understand market needs, competitive landscape, user needs and opportunities for differentiation
- Establish and communicate product vision to internal stakeholders and the executive team
- Lead a cross-functional product team that includes software engineering, UX, and analytics to deliver capabilities that unlock growth for clients and reduce waste around returns
- Manage the entire product development lifecycle - including problem discovery, prioritization, user stories, release management, support, and sales enablement for new capabilities
- Create, track, and improve success metrics related to your product. Work and communicate effectively across teams to ensure the success of the product is contributing to broader company objectives
- Coach and mentor junior PMs within the team and support broader product org initiatives
- A Bachelor’s of Science or Arts degree or equivalent experience
- Minimum of 5+ years of experience in a software product management role required. A plus if you also have:
- Experience working with FinTech products
- Experience collaborating with data science and risk management teams
- Experience working in a start-up or small, product-focused company
- Experience collaborating with marketing, sales, and client teams to get market feedback and launch new products
- Excellent oral, presentation, and written communication skills. Ability to clearly articulate strategy and requirements to your team and business partners. Strong listening skills; demonstrated ability to ask effective questions and drive towards alignment
- Self starter with a growth mindset and bias towards action. Ability to thrive in a dynamic, fluid team environment and embrace both change and ambiguity. Adaptability is critical!
- We are open to remote roles outside of the DC-metro area
All new employees at Optoro will be required to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 prior to commencing employment. Employees will be required to produce proof of vaccination status prior to their first day of employment. Optoro will evaluate requests for reasonable accommodations for applicants unable to be vaccinated due to a religious belief or medical circumstance on an individual basis in compliance with applicable laws.
Optoro is an equal opportunity employer.