Optoro is a fast-growing technology company that is revolutionizing the retail industry. Every year, more than 15% of retail goods are returned or simply never sell. This creates tons of unnecessary waste and costs retailers billions.
Our mission is to make retail more sustainable by eliminating all waste from returns. Our technology platform connects a seamless online returns experience with efficient supply chain processing and best in class reCommerce, so that retailers can improve outcomes across all points of the returns lifecycle.
Backed by some of the top investors in the country - including Kleiner Perkins, Revolution Growth, and UPS - Optoro is powered by its collaborative, unconventional, and resourceful employees who love solving big problems. We are looking for individuals with similar creativity and energy to help build a lasting company focused on the triple bottom line.
Optoro continues to work primarily remote due to COVID-19. Interviews and onboarding for new candidates will be done remotely for the foreseeable future.
We build software to help us solve this problem. We have tools that manage inventory in both ours and client warehouses, visualization and reports showing clients how much value they are getting out of their excess inventory, and entire eCommerce platforms and integrations to get these products into new and appreciative hands.
Organized into cross-functional teams that work closely with our stakeholders, our Developers, QA Engineers, Product Managers, Designers, and DevOps Engineers build our amazing products. Our foundation is in Ruby and Rails, and we continue to expand our toolbox and position ourselves to continue using the best technologies for the job.
We especially focus on continuous delivery and continuous learning. For delivery, we have short iterations and regular demos. We CI and deploy constantly. We are passionate about continuing to learn and improve by running bi-weekly learning sessions, hosting meetups(prior to COVID) and going to conferences(remotely and in person). We hire people not only based on what they already know, but based on what they are learning and their hunger to deliver and to keep expanding their skills!
Senior Software Engineer
The Senior Software Engineer will be an integral member of the Smart Disposition team. This team is primarily responsible for software that makes decisions about how to route returned and excess inventory across multiple warehouses and storefronts. Engineers on this team spend their time working primarily with Ruby on Rails, VueJS, and Python. They have a close working relationship with data scientists and analysts. This position is ideal for entrepreneurial candidates who are interested in working in an exciting, growth environment for a company that has been in the reverse logistics industry for almost ten years.
- Write comprehensive unit and integration tests (RSpec, Cucumber).
- Review code and provide technical feedback for less experienced developers.
- Work with Product Management and other developers on a team to design practical solutions meeting business needs
- Familiarity with Python (particularly in web application development and machine learning) is a bonus.
- Familiarity with business rules engines is a bonus.
- Some ops responsibilities, familiarity with Linux, Kubernetes, and related service technologies (Puma Application Server, Redis, MySQL, Memcached, Postgres, etc.) is a bonus
- Help introduce new technologies and best practices as needed to solve business problems
- Other duties based on the needs of our growing company
- Excited about creating amazing web applications
- Extensive experience with web application development using Ruby on Rails or other languages/frameworks.
- Superior knowledge of multiple layers in a typical web stack.
- Passionate about good, clean code
- Comfortable with git and is not afraid of leaving the IDE
- Stays on top of the latest trends in the tech world
- Able to work as part of a remote team
Optoro is an equal opportunity employer.