Optoro is a fast-growing technology company that is revolutionizing the retail industry. Every year, more than 15% of retail goods are returned or simply never sell. This creates tons of unnecessary waste and costs retailers billions.
Our mission is to make retail more sustainable by eliminating all waste from returns. Our technology platform connects every returned item to its best home, thereby increasing profitability for retailers, giving consumers great deals, and reducing environmental waste.
Backed by some of the top investors in the country - including Kleiner Perkins, Revolution Growth, and UPS - Optoro is powered by its collaborative, unconventional, and resourceful employees who love solving big problems. We are looking for individuals with similar creativity and energy to help build a lasting company focused on the triple bottom line.
We build software to help us solve this problem. We have tools that manage inventory in both ours and client warehouse processes, visualization and reports showing clients how much value they are getting out of their excess inventory, and entire eCommerce platforms and integrations to remarket (resell) these products.
Organized into cross-functional teams that work closely with our stakeholders, our Developers, QA Engineers, Product Managers, Designers, and DevOps Engineers iterate quickly to transform concepts into functional products. We focus on continuous delivery and favor short iterations and constant deployments. Our foundation is in Ruby and Rails, and we continue to expand our toolbox and use the best technologies for the job.
We value continuous learning and strive to foster an engaging environment. Developers can participate in weekly curated code talks or group programming sessions and receive a yearly budget to attend conferences. We hire people not only for their current skills but on their hunger to keep expanding their skills!
The Software Engineer will be an integral member of our team, helping to create dynamic Ruby on Rails and Angular-based web and mobile applications for Optoro’s enterprise software solution, data and analytics platform. This position is ideal for someone with 3-5 years of experience, who’s seeking an environment where they can learn and grow. We love entrepreneurial candidates who are interested in working in an exciting, growth environment.
- Work with Product Management and other developers on a team to design and implement practical solutions meeting business needs
- Other duties based on the needs of our growing company
- 3-5+ years professional experience as a Software Engineer
- Excited about creating amazing web applications
- Growing knowledge of Ruby and Ruby on Rails and related technologies
- Values good, clean code
- Passionate about building upon and contributing to open source
- Ready to learn or possess basic knowledge of dev tools (command line, git, jira...)
- Stays on top of the latest trends in the tech world
- Will work primarily locally as part of a team
Optoro is an equal opportunity employer.