About the Optimism Collective and Optimism Unlimited
The Optimism Collective is redefining power to elevate humanity by building a more equitable internet. Our vision for this citizen-governed network: a composable, unified constellation of blockchains that can support internet-level activity; powered by the MIT-licensed open source OP Stack.
To date, the Optimism Collective is defined by its focus on scaling Ethereum and funding public goods. We’ve processed hundreds of millions of transactions and are responsible for the largest ongoing public goods funding program in existence.
Optimism Unlimited is a subsidiary of the Optimism Foundation that focuses on supporting the growth, adoption, and governance of the Optimism Collective.
The Chief of Staff will play a pivotal role in steering the organization through strategic planning, team coordination, and execution of key initiatives. Reporting directly to the executive leadership, this role requires a dynamic individual capable of navigating complex challenges, fostering team collaboration, and driving organizational growth.
- Facilitate key organizational events including All Hands, Foundation Huddle, Collective Demo Day, Product Review Follow-ups, and offsite strategic planning.
- Oversee goal setting, performance metrics, and ensure alignment with organizational objectives.
- Design and implement an onboarding structure to streamline new hire integration.
- Address legal and geographical constraints affecting team operations and compliance.
- Coordinate research efforts to advance technological frontiers.
- Develop and execute strategies for monetization
- Craft regional and local growth strategies to expand market presence.
- Work to coordinate across the organization on high priority strategies
- Demonstrated leadership experience in a fast-paced, technology-driven environment.
- Strong strategic thinking, analytical, and problem-solving skills.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal abilities to work across diverse teams.
- Deep understanding of blockchain technology, Ethereum ecosystem, and strategic growth methodologies.
- Proven track record in project management, strategic planning, and execution.
What you'll like about us:
- We take pride in the accomplishments of our teammates and support each other in doing the best work of our careers.
- Our team is a diverse group of people from a variety of backgrounds and interests. We cherish our eclecticism and consider it a great strength.
- We have a transparent, feedback-driven and fun-centric culture.
- We are a team of builders—our founding team has been working on Ethereum scalability since 2015.
We strongly encourage candidates of all different backgrounds to apply. We believe that our work is stronger with a variety of perspectives, and we’re eager to further diversify our company. If you have a background that you feel would make an impact at Optimism, please consider applying. We’re committed to building an inclusive, supportive place for you to do the best work of your career.